Chapter Seventeen

The first week of school went quite smoothly compared to how Jasmine thought it was going to go. She found herself enjoying many, if not all her classes she attended. She got to spend some class time with Susan every now and then, and always enjoyed lunch with the siblings when she got the chance to. But not all of it was as joyful. Jasmine's roommate Kate continued to show dislike to the girl and ever so often tried to chip away at Jasmine's tough persona. No matter how hard she tried to do whatever she wanted to achieve, Jasmine held her head high and ignored Kate's constant quips about herself and her relationship. It was a stressful time, she knew Kate just wanted to vent her anger at someone.

Jasmine got along with the rest of her roommates though, and found them quite a fun bunch. They even got along with Susan and Lucy, which was important to Jasmine. The odd one out obviously being Kate.

When Jasmine woke up on the Saturday morning, she quickly remembered she was getting to see Peter and Edmund today. She couldn't wait to see them both, but was obviously more excited to see Peter. She had missed him terribly and couldn't wait to spend the weekend with him.

As soon as Jasmine was dressed, she checked her look in the mirror.

"Ooo, you look nice." Brenda said as she entered the room with Ellie.

"Thanks." Jasmine replied with a smile.

"Seeing Peter, are we?" Brenda wiggled her eyebrows, making Jasmine nod with a big smile on her face.

"It's alright for some." Ellie mumbled, falling onto her bed and taking a chocolate bar she had hid under pillow.

"Let the girl be happy." Brenda warned, holding out her hand towards Ellie. Ellie rolled her eyes and gave her a couple of bits of chocolate.

"Have you guys even had breakfast yet?" Jasmine asked, turning to face them.

"Obviously not. But, chocolate is heaven at any time when you've got a broken heart." Ellie told her, sitting up on the bed and pulling off a couple bits of the bar. "You want some?" She held it towards Jasmine, who shook her head. "More for me then." Ellie shrugged her shoulders and bit into the chocolate.

"So when are we going to get to meet the famous Peter who make us all envy love?" Brenda asked, taking a clip out of her hair to redo it.

"I don't know." Jasmine shrugged her shoulders. "Do you want to meet him?"

"Yes!" Ellie exclaimed. "I need reaffirm myself that there are happy couples out there that actually want each other and don't dump the other for someone else." Ellie's anger grew with every word and she threw her pillow against her wardrobe.

"If you want you can come with me today and you can meet him and his brother." Jasmine told them, getting her satchel from her bed and putting it over her body.

"Is his brother hot?" Ellie asked optimistically.

"I'm not answering that." Jasmine said, walking towards the door.

"Is that a yes or no? I can't tell."

"It's a 'I'm not answering that question'. If you want to come meet him then meet us on the lawn after breakfast." Jasmine told the girls.

"Okay. Can the other two come?" Brenda asked.

"Yeah, sure." Jasmine nodded, a part of her hoping Kate didn't try anything to prove her point about relationships and boys. She then headed downstairs and to the phones that were at the school so students could talk to their families whilst they were away. It was especially necessary when there was a war going on.