Chapter Thirteen

When the surviving Narnian's came across the field just before the How, Peter jumped down from his horse and sprinted inside. He looked around for any sign of Jasmine until he was pointed in the right direction by a Faun. As he rounded the corner, he could hear shouts of pain that he recognised as Jasmine, making him run faster towards the sound. He found Jasmine sat on a rock in the Stone Table, and she was surrounded by Susan, Lucy, badger and a couple of fauns with water and bandages to soak up the blood.

"Peter." Jasmine mumbled when she saw him and held her hand out for him to come closer. He went over and crouched in front of her, and he panicked seeing the arrow still in her back.

"I'm so glad you're here. She wouldn't let us take it out without you." Lucy told Peter.

"Which we shouldn't have let her do, by the way." Susan said from the back, checking the arrows position in Jasmine's shoulder.

"Are you the one with an arrow in your back?" Jasmine asked quite rudely.

"You don't really have much of a choice when you do have an arrow in your back, Jas." Susan replied.

"Can this arguing seize?" The Badger spoke, interrupting them. "I'm really sorry, your majesty. But we have to take the arrow out now."

"Just do it." She nodded, then looked to Peter. "I'm sorry if I break any bones." She told him, taking a tight hold of his hand.

"Broken bones heal." He gave her a reassuring smile and cupped her face with his free hand.

"How many did we lose?" She asked randomly, catching Peter off guard.

"We can talk about that later."

"How many did we lose, Peter?" She asked again. He stayed silent and just looked to the ground. Jasmine noticed Caspian and Edmund in the doorway and they too said nothing. Their silence spoke a thousand words.

"You ready, Jas?" Susan asked and Jasmine nodded, now leaning her forehead against Peter's. "On the count of three. One, Two." Susan starting pulling the arrow out, and Jasmine let out a screams of pain as she did so. Peter tried to ignore the tight vice like grip his hand had been given by her and began whispering into her hair.

"Okay, it's out." Susan announced, throwing the bloodied arrow on the ground. Lucy ran foreword and took her bottle of healing juice out of it's pack.

"Just one drop, Jas." She said, making Peter lift her chin so Lucy could drop a little bit of the liquid into Jasmine's mouth. When it went down, the wound began healing fairly quickly and the pain went away. Jasmine let out a breath and her shoulders relaxed. "Feeling better?"

"Much." Jasmine said, her energy coming back to her. "Thanks." She nodded to Lucy, who didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around her.

"Careful, Luce." Peter warned.

"It's okay. It's healed." Jasmine reassured him.

"You're lucky it was the shoulder." The badger spoke as the girls parted. Jasmine smiled him a thank you before he and the Fauns took their leave.

"So what happened?" Jasmine asked Peter.

"Ask him." Peter bit, nodding to Caspian.

"Peter." Susan warned.

"Me? You could've called it off. There was still time." Caspian argued, stepping down to meet Peter.

"No there wasn't, thanks to you." Peter argued, now standing up. "If you kept to the plan those soldiers might be alive."