Chapter Eleven

The siblings and Jasmine all changed into better clothing that they had found in their chests, and then took their weapons back up the stairs with them. They ventured back down to the beach and walked along it, hoping to find some answers near. Edmund, Susan and Lucy walked ahead, with Jasmine and Peter trailing behind them. Jasmine was too busy overthinking every detail of what could have happened to catch up with them.

"How are you feeling?" Peter asked Jasmine, his hand ever so often brushing past hers in-case she wanted to hold it.

"Guilty." She answered simply, and he sighed.

"It's not your fault." He told her softly.

"I know." She nodded. "It still hurts, though. Someone attacked my home, my people. I wasn't there for them and I could have been. But now I'm here, I hope I can make it right again." She wondered, then her eyesight went to the trees on the cliffs. "The trees look so still, don't they?"

"Yeah, they do." Peter said, watching the trees blow in the wind. He then felt his hand holding another, with Jasmine resting her head on his arm. "We'll make it right, Jas. Whatever it takes."

Up front, Susan had noticed something in the distanced and got her bow and an arrow out ready. "Hurry up, you lot!" She shouted to the others behind her. Jasmine let out a sigh and let go of Peter's hand to catch up with Susan.

As they turned a corner, they came across a river with a boat in the middle. Two soldiers were in the boat, lifting up a gagged dwarf to throw in the water.

"Drop him!" Susan shouted, an arrow aimed at a soldier. The others came running up behind her, hands on their weapons in case. The soldiers ignored her and threw the dwarf in the river, making Susan shoot both men with arrows whilst Peter jumped into the river after the dwarf. Jasmine ran to help Edmund pull the men's boat onto shore, just as Peter re-appeared in the water with the dwarf in his arms.

Once the dwarf was pulled onto dry land, Lucy knelt down and cut the ties around his wrists and ankles, and once free, the dwarf removed the gag around his mouth to splutter water onto the ground. He then gathered himself and stood up.

"Drop him?!" He said angrily towards Susan, throwing his gag to the floor. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"A simple thank you would suffice." Susan said.

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help." He said pointing back to the river where they dropped him.

"Maybe we should have let them." Peter said, and Jasmine nudged his arm.

"Why were they trying to kill you, anyway?" Lucy asked the dwarf.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." The dwarf answered. Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows, not recognising a name like Telmarines from anywhere.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund asked.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" He asked and Jasmine's face fell. A few hundred was lot more than the 100 of last time.

"It's a long story." Jasmine said, handing Peter his sword back after taking it from him so he could save the dwarf. "You okay?" She asked him and he nodded. She brushed his wet hair out of his face and softly smiled. The dwarf saw their weapons and the closeness of Peter and Jasmine and realised pretty quickly who they were.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me? You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of old?" The Pevensie's looked at each other and nodded at the dwarf. "And you." He said looking to Jasmine. "Jasmine, Princess of Narnia and the Daughter to Aslan?" He asked in surprise and Jasmine nodded. "You actually came back."