Chapter Ten

A week later and it was time for the kids to go to school. They managed to get a bus into the city where they were to get the underground to their schools. Susan, Lucy and Jasmine were to attend Saint Finbars, whilst Peter and Edmund attended a school not far from it. The siblings had already spent a couple of months at their schools, which helped them get Jasmine ready for her first day.

When they arrived in the city, Jasmine joined Susan to look at some stands outside the station, letting Peter, Lucy and Edmund head into the station without them.

"Would you stop messing around with your tie?" Susan warned Jasmine as they walked along the path.

"I'm sorry. But these things are so fiddly." Jasmine said, making sure her tie was sitting comfortably around her neck. "Thanks for helping me with all of this."

"Jas, you have no idea of any of it. We'd be awful people if we didn't help you."

"I guess." Jasmine shrugged as they came upon a stand with newspapers and magazines scattered on a table. "Do you mind if I look at the stand next door?" Jasmine asked.

"No, go ahead. If you need anything just ask." Susan told the girl.

"Okay." Jasmine smiled and headed to the stand next door. She picked up a newspaper with a headline that talked about the bombings that London had experienced months prior, when a boy up next to her, tapping his fingers on the newspapers in front of him. He seemed nervous, wanting to speak to Jasmine but couldn't find the right words to start with.

"Hello." He spoke, his voice a bit shaky. Jasmine gave him a small smile before going back to the newspaper she was reading. "You go to Saint Finbars?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"I go to Hendon House, across the road. I haven't seen you before. At least, I don't think I have."

"You won't have. I'm new. Jasmine." She held out her hand, letting the boy shake it.

"Chris. It's nice to meet you. Your name is as beautiful as you."

"Thanks but I have a boyfriend."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. He's great." Jasmine smiled, looking over the newspapers on the stand.

"Susan! Jasmine!" Jasmine looked behind to see Lucy running towards them, making both her and Susan put down the newspapers they were reading. "You need to come quickly. It's Peter." Jasmine sent an apologetic smile to the Chris and picked up her luggage to run across the street with Susan and Lucy, ignoring the big Lion statue outside of the station.

They got down some steps and saw a whole crowd of people shouting 'fight', and Jasmine soon noticed a fight happening at the bottom of the stairs. She tried to make out the people involved, before she recognised the blonde hair of her own boyfriend in the middle of it all. Her face fell, and her anger grew as she witnessed boys attack him for no reason. He took a few seconds to look up to where they stood and made eye contact with Jasmine. His expression lightened after seeing her, but he was soon pulled back into the fight.

"We should really stop them." Jasmine said, going to move down the steps when Edmund brushed past her.

"Edmund!" Lucy warned her brother, only he didn't hear her and entered the fight. The boys they were fighting pushed Peter onto the ground near the edge of the platform and kicked his stomach. It was at this point that Jasmine had had enough and pushed her way to the front.

"Move!" She almost growled to people in her way. She got to the platform and put her hands on one of the boys backs, pulling on his jumper. "Get off him!" She tried to pull him off of Peter, but another boy just came and pulled her off, holding her back from saving her boyfriend. "Let me go!" She tried her best to get out of the boys grip, but he was too strong for her. Peter saw Jasmine being held back and his anger grew even more, pushing a boy off him to try and get to her. But another boy then came from the side and pushed him back to the ground.