Chapter Thirty Six

·

Now that Jasmine knew she was indeed pregnant, everything was now seen in a different light. She moved things around the flat to make it safer for the newborn, and was looking to make changes to the shop too. She could tell she wasn't far gone thanks to being around Ellie when she was pregnant, so she estimated the baby would be due around the start of the new year. They had told the Pevensie parents the day after they found out, and ecstatic couldn't quite cover what the parents were. It felt good to know they had the support of his parents.

After they told his parents, Peter took Jasmine back to the shop before he took off to run some errands. Jasmine immediately went upstairs, walking past Chris to go tell her dad the good news.

"If my maths is correct then it'll be due in January. So 9 months time." Jasmine told her father in the mirror, her hand going over her belly as she sat at her desk.

"I could not be happier for you, dear one. You and Peter will be great parents. Better than I ever was."

"Dad, we've talked about this."

"Yes, we have. But the decisions I made hurt you, and I can never take them back."

"But what you've done after is more than enough to make up for your mistakes. We all make them, dad. But it's what we do after that matters."

"Spoken like a true Queen." He smiled, and she softly smiled back.

"After it's born I'll want come back and show he or she off to you. Plus, it needs to meet it's Uncle Caspian." She said, taking her glass of water from her desk to take a sip. "Speaking of Caspian, how is he?"

"He's doing well. You'll be surprised to know Caspian and Cassie got married a few years after you left." Aslan said, making Jasmine almost choke on her water. She patted her chest and coughed to clear her throat. "Are you alright, Jasmine?"

"Yep. Just peachy." She croaked, coughing some more before wiping her mouth with her hand. "Married?"

"Yes."

"I honestly didn't see that coming." She commented, lifting her drink to try and take another sip.

"You might want to wait a moment before you drink again." Aslan interrupted her, and she lowered her glass. "As that is not all that has happened for them." Jasmine tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows, then her eyes widened.

"Did they have a kid?" She asked, placing her water on her desk.

"They did." Aslan said, and Jasmine's mouth dropped open. "How did you know?"

"Lucky guess. Wow, I can't believe they had a kid too. But can that happen to an angel? I'm guessing it can considering it has happened."

"She gave up her powers, Jasmine. To live a life she always wanted." He told her, and she sat shocked.

"Wow. I didn't think she'd do that. I didn't think she could."

"After what she went through, it was hard for her to live knowing the power she had. It was too much, so she gave it up. Caspian was only a small part of the reason she did what she did." Aslan said.

"Wow. So what of their kid?"

"His name is Caspian, like his father. And he's around the age you were when you came back to Narnia the first time. He's a spitting image of his father." Aslan, looked to left and made an image of the young Caspian appear. He was alone, brushing a horse's in the stables. Jasmine gasped when she got a good look at him. He sure was the spitting image of Caspian, with black hair pushed behind his ears and a sword on his hip.