Chapter Thirty Four

·

A month went by quite fast for Jasmine, as she could actually plan a wedding she knew when and where it was happening. She would buy wedding magazines and would look at all kinds of dresses and accessories even during her shifts at the shop. Kate would help her as much as she could with all the excitement in the world for her best friend. But, Jasmine did experience more weird dreams that she would come to forget whenever she awoke. She wondered whether it was just dreams being dreams, or if it was something more drastic. Peter reassured her always that it was the former, and definitely not something she needed to worry about.

On the day of the wedding, Kate woke Jasmine up quite early as the girl had let Jasmine stay at her house, due to the superstition it was unlucky for the groom to see the bride before she walked down the aisle.

"I don't know about you but I can't believe this day has come." Kate's mother, Patricia said as she smoothed down the bag that held Jasmine's dress. It was hung on the door to the kitchen as the women had their breakfast.

"I can. You know how perfect they are for each other." Kate said, sipping her orange juice.

"Well yes, honey, I know that. But I don't know. Only seems like yesterday when you came home from school and told me about them." Patricia said, joining the girls at the kitchen table.

"That was almost 3 years ago, mum."

"Exactly. But I'm happy for you two. I really am." Patricia gave Jasmine a smile and placed a hand on hers, patting it gently.

"I know. Thank you for helping with it all." Jasmine said to her.

"My pleasure, honey." Patricia smiled again, before the front door to the house was knocked on. Patricia excused herself and went to get the door.

"How you feeling then?" Kate asked Jasmine. "Not exactly a Narnia wedding, is it?"

"No. But I'm still a little nervous." Jasmine spoke, stirring the cereal that she was eating. She then scooped up some cereal with her spoon and put it in her mouth.

"You don't need to be. He married you once and he'll marry you again." Kate reassured before familiar voices could be heard in the entrance to the house.

"Sorry, we're late." Susan came into the kitchen, with Lucy and Mrs Pevensie coming in after her. They held bags that had their own dresses in and various accessories for themselves.

"Oh, don't worry. It's not like she's getting married today." Kate called to them as Patricia was helping them place their bags in the living area. She earned herself a nudge on the arm from Jasmine.

"It's a good day for a wedding, my dear." Helen spoke as she came into the kitchen before going over to Jasmine to give her a quick hug. "How are you feeling? Nervous?"

"A little." Jasmine told her, and Helen rubbed her shoulder.

"Oh, don't worry, Jasmine. Everything will be okay." Helen reassured softly before planting a kiss on the top of her head.

"Would you like a cup of tea, Helen?" Patricia asked as she started to pour some boiling water into a mug.

"Oo, yes please." Helen said as she removed her gloves and then walked over to talk to Patricia. Lucy and Susan joined Kate and Jasmine at the table.

"No going back now, Jas. You go through with today and you're stuck with Peter forever. Legally." Susan said, stealing a piece of toast from the middle of the table.

"And us. Can't forget us." Lucy spoke with a smile.

"Exactly. Leave now or forever be stuck with Edmund as a brother-in-law and Peter as a husband. I don't know how you'll cope." Susan playfully warned, and Jasmine had to laugh.