Chapter Thirty Three

·

One year later

Jasmine stood in the book shop that she co-owned and tried to sort out a section that had been messed up by teenagers that didn't care for sorting in genres. In the year since their Narnia wedding, Jasmine and Peter had been able to get the jobs they had wanted and fought to get. Peter was a teacher in a nearby school and Jasmine was able to buy a book shop with the help of Kate and her school friend Chris, who both said they would love to help her by working at the shop. Of course, Jasmine agreed and all three of them were now co-owners of Into Another World book shop.

The shop was located in the the West of London, and had a flat just above that Jasmine and Peter lived in. It was nice and all they needed. But they still hadn't had the chance to get married, as most of their money was put towards the shop, flat and Peter's job. They weren't far off though, and it was only a matter of time until Peter came home and gave Jasmine the news she had been waiting a year for.

Jasmine was still sorting books out when the bell of the door rang, telling her there was a customer to serve.

"Kate! Customer!" She shouted behind her shoulder. Kate appeared from the office near the back and walked over to the counter.

"Welcome to Into Another World, how can I...oh." Her fake happiness faded when she saw it was Peter who was the so called customer. "Hi Peter." She gave a smile and went behind the counter.

"Hi Kate. Jasmine around? Only, I just heard her voice so." He asked, placing a Tupperware box on the counter.

"Jas! It's your idiot of a husband!" Kate called towards the back. "And what's that?" She asked, pointing to the box.

"For my wife, if you must know." He told her. "So hands off."

"Hello idiot of a husband. You're late back." Jasmine said as she got to the counter. A smile instantly came on Peter's face when he saw her and he stepped foreword to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, I know. I had to pick something up for you." He said, bringing the tableware box foreword. Then another customer came into the shop and Kate manoeuvred to help the man find what he wanted.

"It's not going to scare me is it?" Jasmine asked Peter.

"Depends really." He answered, and she hesitated before taking the lid off the box. She gasped at what was inside and a blush came onto her cheeks. "So?"

There was rectangle cake in the box with the words 'Will you marry me on' plus a date that was almost a month away. "Peter." Jasmine said.

"It's all above board." He went into his briefcase and brought out a file of paperwork. "So say yes and we can be married, legally this time next month."

"Just in time for the school holidays." Jasmine realised and smiled softly.

"Oh yes. And if you want it, this and the honeymoon in the lake district is all yours."

"Is it a cabin? For the lake district."

"Yes." He answered, making Jasmine squeal and jump up and down. She then wrapped her arms around his neck and continuously planted kisses on his cheek. "I'm taking this as a yes."

"Yes. It's a yes." She replied, moving her kisses to her lips. He placed the folder on the desk to wrap his arm around her waist and squeeze her closer to his chest.

"Guys come on, this guy wants to buy something." Kate came over, making the couple separate and move out of the way of the counter. Jasmine whispered a sorry and then grinned at Peter.