Chapter Twenty Three

·

During the night before Jasmine and Peter were to leave for London and then for America, Peter found himself not being able to sleep. He stared at the ceiling for a few moments before looking over at a peacefully sleeping Jasmine. She had snuggled her way to sleeping on his arm, something she would frequently do whilst they were taking a nap or sleeping when they were older. She would say his arm was comfy and laying on it made her feel close to him without being in a position where he may choke on her hair. He found her to be utterly adorable as he looked at her and reached over to move her hair from her face and to her back. Her left hand was placed on his forearm, her engagement ring on show. He started to worry about telling his parents of their engagement and what they would say about it. He expected the obvious  'too young' worry to come from them, and he was ready to convince them otherwise and fight for what he wanted.

He slowly leaned over to Jasmine and kissed her cheek, before getting some sleep finally.

--

On the morning of Monday, Jasmine and Peter got the train back to London after a bittersweet goodbye to the professor. When they arrived in London, they had to get the bus as Peter's parents were occupied with sorting everything to go to America for about a year.

"So, how do you think we should tell them?" Jasmine asked Peter as the two sat on the bus.

"You're worrying too much." He told her, taking her hand. "Let's just tell them and let them deal with it."

"Peter." She warned quietly.

"What? If they knew everything-"

"Well, they don't know everything, do they?" She whispered. "They just think we've been dating for 2 years, not 17."

"Even so, we're adults and can make our own decisions on what we want to do with our lives. And no matter what, I'm going to marry you. Even if I have to wait a little while, I'm gonna marry you." He told her, making her give a small smile. She then leaned foreword and cupped his cheek, pulling him towards her so she could kiss him lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He told her, kissing her once more.

Not long after and the bus had arrived at the stop they needed to get off at. They gathered their luggage, said thanks to the driver and stepped off, and they walked down the street to Peter's house hand in hand. It was a nice day out yet again, and it was hard to believe that elsewhere in the world a big war was raging on still.

They soon arrived at the Pevensie household and as soon as they stepped through the door, they could already hear arguing.

"But it's my top!" They heard Susan shout from upstairs. "Mum, tell her."

"Lucy, it's your sisters. Give it back." Mrs Pevensie said.

"Are you sure you want to marry into my family?" Peter asked Jasmine, making her smile.

"Yeah, I do." She nodded.

"Mum! We're here!" Peter shouted, alerting his family to their arrival. It was quiet for a moment, before running feet could be heard. Then they saw Lucy and Susan coming down the stairs before the pair instantly wrapped their arms around Jasmine. "It hasn't even been that long since you saw her."

"A week is too long, Peter." Susan replied as the girls let Jasmine go. "So, you're coming with us then?"

"Yeah. A trip to America with my best friend and my fiancé was too good of an adventure to pass up." She told her, and the girls eye's widened.