The Talk

"Kiara listen to me. What I am about to tell you I need you to be strong okay?"
"Okay mom, you're scaring me what is it?"
"Kiara I have cancer..." She finished.  Tears just began falling down my face. "Mom how long have you had this?" I asked.
"Kiara I have been dealing with this a while." "Why didn't you tell me?" I questioned "I wanted you to focus, I didn't​ want you worrying about me. You have came so close to finishing school. Something that I never did." She reassured "No! No this isn't true you're lying, you're fucking lying to me."
  "Don't​ use that language in my house!" she hits me in my lip and I run to the bathroom, locking the door. My lips busted, blood is pouring everywhere.
  "Kiara baby i'm sorry. Kiara open up. How could you? I didn't​ ask for none of this! I didn't ask to be in this fucked up town in the projects. I didn't ask to be brought here​ by your no good ass sperm donor of a father! He left us here while he took care of some bitch and her three kids."
After constantly crying my mom and I finally came to the understanding that we don't know how much time we have left to enjoy each other. Do we really wanna spend the last moments arguing?
  My mom's estimated time to live is only about a couple of weeks. I'm trying to see the positive in a negative light, all I could do was hug her and come to think of it I haven't hugged my mom in a while either.
   "Mom I'm so sorry for cursing. This is just a big pill to swallow you are all I have here. What am I going to do without you?" I asked. "You are going to be strong baby. Do what you have to do to survive in this world. Continue your education and be somebody. You're smart, you're beautiful and you can do anything you put your mind to."