Questioning

I'm in this police car the whole time, I am crying my eye balls out why would my mom overdose on pills? I know she was sick and I know she was depressed but would she really just end her life like that?

All I could think about was the confrontation we had gotten into a few days ago. I regret not enjoying time with her like I know I should have.
The car comes to a complete stop. We are here here at the police station the officer opens the door and swipes the security door. Shit my hearts beating fast anything to do with the police makes me nervous even though​ I did nothing wrong still.

"Follow me,

we have a few questions to ask

you."

"Okay, go ahead I'm ready."

"What is your name?"

"My name is Kiara Pierson."

"Do you have an idea of anybody
who would want to do any harm to
your mom?

"No I don't me and my mom always stayed to ourselves. Wee are not originally from here, me and my mom came here because of my dad's mom. My dad's mom was very sick, she had a brain tumor that she never got looked at we are from Chicago originally."

"Where is your dad?"

"I have no clue where my dad is my dad skipped out of my life since i was a little girl. I have not seen or heard from him, not in a rush to see him either."

"Okay questioning is over you can't go home just yet, do you want us to drive you to the hospital?"

"Yes please I need to see if my mom is okay now."

******15 mins later***********

Before I go in this hospital I do a quick prayer. "Dear God, please let there be good news. Give me the strength to get through whatever these results are with the understanding that you make no mistakes. Everything that happens is in your devine plan for us. Amen."

I walk to the glass door and speak to the administrative front desk clerk.

"Excuse me I am here to see Erica Pierson, that is my mother."

"Okay sweetie go straight down the hall make that right and you should see Emergency Care."

I walk up to the window and I see the nurses and doctors covering my moms face up.

I bust in the door! "What happened?!
Why is my moms face covered? What's going on in here?"

"Kiara we are so sorry to inform you, your mom did not make it."

"No you're​ fucking lying! Let me see my mom." Rushing to her body I scream

"Mom wake up!"

This is when I lost it. I yanked curtains, I knocked over machine's, and my blood pressure went up. I was feeling my self slip into a whole other person.
I just lost my best friend, the only person I had.... Gone.

"Always expect the unexpected."