Read the bottom

MC = Main Character

-
The MC first opens their eyes as the first chapter only to get a massive amount of exposition and nothing else.

* Yeah, majority of my problems with kit chapters is just how... boring they are? Many things that happen in kit chapters can happen in early apprentice chapters. Sorry but POVs in literal toddlers aren't all that interesting or character revealing. The babies are either hyperactive or shockingly shy.

!¡!¡!¡!

Edit: Okay, I've grown as a person, so some of these clichés in all books don't hold much water. Go crazy with your designs and characters, age gaps aren't a problem as long as both are adults. Just wanted to say. Go crazy with your Scourge families and emo hair. All you have to do is to do no harm to others, and make a genuine story from your heart.

Edit Edit: However long it'll take but I want to go over every cliché in this series and add my current thoughts to them! And yeah some of them are 100% connected with canon books. Additional thoughts are noted with * and are in bold.

I want to emphasize this here - not all clichés are automatically bad! If they're common, chances are, they work! They're not black and white "do it or don't", they're flexible depending on the story you want to tell. I originally wrote this in 2018 when I just wanted to dunk on fanfics, but please, DO NOT feel discouraged if your story has some tropes. That's good and great!