~80~

There's a moment when the MC goes something along the lines of "Why am I so useless?"
And then something happens like a mate or a random cat that somehow heard them and goes "No you're not!"
And somehow cheers the MC up.

It's not that bad but I do see it often and it does get kinda cringy if done wrong.

* I have to say this, but this can be a great internal conflict, especially in a Clan society. If you've read Exile from ShadowClan, you know why. Clan society is usually defined by how much use a cat can provide to their Clan, such as battle or hunting or kit-providing abilities. If we take it to the extreme in Brokenstar's case, if you cannot provide explicit physical use, you are not worthy of compassion or shelter. Even if not taken to these lengths, this mentality is still present within the Clans, particularly with disabled cats feeling "useless." This reflects a lot of real world issues too, where those less than a perfectly abled body are treated less and like "lost causes." So teaching that people are more than their "use" and they deserve love like anyone else is great! They can be frustrated with their setbacks or disabilities and still receive love from others, realizing that use =/= their right to live.

HOWEVER a problem with this scenario comes from the fact it's usually used for romance. The cat reassures the MC and this problem is never truly resolved. Not only that, nothing about Clan society is actually challenged. What made your MC feel "useless" and can you actively change things to prevent them from feeling like that again? The issue isn't the actual concept itself, it's how the MC's feelings can be washed away without any substantial, real-world change.