Chapter 2

"Good morning class and welcome to your first actual day of psychology class. Today I will be handing out your text books so just sit tight" Mr Jackson explained looking stressed as usual.

"Um hey" I heard Noah's voice say from behind me. "What?" "We should talk." he said taking a seat next to me. "About what, we talked yesterday?" "I wanna make things right between us"

"Um hey Morgan I was wondering if you could help me with my math homework?" Miles asked also coming from the back of the classroom. "You had math homework?" "Yeah you know how Ms Mendoza is." "oh yeah, that's why she's a miss" I laughed as Noah looked very annoyed that our conversation was interrupted.

"Morg can you help me too? I got a little stuck on it. You know how Mr Green is." "yeah super easy and nice." "well I can't help it because I don't know the answers.", he pleaded. "okay fine I guess I'll help the both of you."

"Thanks, so I'm kinda having a hard time with this equation." Miles explained while looking very stuck on the problem. "Okay so here all you have to do is take that number, multiply it by 66, and then add 11." "okay and what about this one?" He asked pointing at another equation.

"Well you take the number divide by 5-" "yo Morgan isn't it my turn?" Noah asked angrily. "Hold on." "Remember what I told you, I can't wait.", he said clearly getting pissed off. "Be quiet Noah"

"Um okay Alexis Ryan, just find a seat." I heard Mr Jackson say and it hit me. Lexi just got switched into my class and I'm sitting with her boyfriend and my ex boyfriend.

"Miles?" She asked "Lexi?" He asked even more scared. "Morgan?" She asked. "Hi Lex, what are you doing here?" "I got switched into this class, what are you guys doing?" She asked pulling a seat from another desk. "My math homework." "And mine too" Noah chimed in. "Babe why didn't you ask me for help?", Lexi pouted. "Maybe because you haven't taken this math yet", Miles fired back at her. "Right", he said with an uncertain face.

"Lexi help me please." Noah said with his eyes wide. "Don't you take the same math as him?" "Yeah but we're doing a junior year review first." "ugh fine but let's go to a different table" "whatever you say since you are the one helping me" he said flirtatiously as they walked to the other side of the classroom.

"So is Noah trying too hard to get back with you or...?" "Finally someone noticed." "oh I noticed yesterday morning in the parking lot. That boy tries too hard." "I know, as much as I'm tempted to get back with him, I'm definitely not going to." "Good for you, you don't need a guy like him."

"Well you do know he was trying to go after Lexi though?" "Oh yeah and that's why I hate the guy. He doesn't know how to respect anything that isn't his. I mean just because we're co-captains doesn't mean we have to get along" "yeah I get it, he's just too much for me to handle." "I know and don't stress yourself out about him, find someone new and let them take care of you."

"Ah okay Julian Manning, you can sit anywhere you would like.", Mr Jackson said letting him in. "Alright thanks" I heard Julian's familiar voice say to Mr Jackson.  He looked around until his eyes landed on me.

"Morgan did you hear what I said?" Miles asked trying to snap me out of the moment I was having. "Sorry yeah you're totally right, I do deserve better, Julian is a shitty person." "Julian?" He asked in a very confused state until I finally realized that I said Julian.

"Sorry that's not who I meant, I meant Noah." "Morgan are you really staring at that guy when your ex boyfriend is staring at you?" He asked. When he asked this I immediately looked over and realized that Noah was actually staring at me. "No, I'm not I just zoned out." "Okay fine I'll pretend like I didn't see that." "Okay Miles" I said still staring at Julian.