Chapter 17

"And that goal by Number 11 Morgan Ryan has put the Hurricanes in the lead 4-3 with 32 seconds in regulation." The announcer said as I ran back to the bench to watch the last few seconds of the game.

I just watched the girls kick the ball around to each other until the time expired. After we shook hands with the other team we immediately packed up and got back into into the bus.

When I pulled my phone out it noticed that it was 5:45 so I had plenty of time to get back and get ready for my Date with Zach.
————————————————————————
Julian's pov
"I'm so glad we decided not to go to the game." Lexi said lying across my lap.

"Same." I said paying no attention to her. I felt bad because after all she is my a girlfriend, but something was starting to lack in our relationship.

"So have you decided where you're going to college yet?" She asked sitting up. "Well I narrowed to my options to 4 schools. Florida Gulf Coast, the University of Miami, Louisiana State University , and The University Of Central Florida."

"What Happened to Michigan?" She asked with a sad face. "I decided that I want to be close to home."

"Well what's gonna happen to us? I told you that I'm planning to go to New York once I graduate. I thought you would wanna be kinda close to me." "Well it depends I guess." I said looking at my phone. For some reason it felt like I was waiting for something.

"Well since you're gonna he here for college and I'll be a senior, we'll still have another year together." "Uh Yeah." I said still waiting.

"Are you excited for tomorrow night?" She asked grabbing my hand. "Um yeah I guess." "Are you still doing that thing with Morgan?" "Oh yeah." I replied totally forgetting about that.

"Have you seen her dress yet? It's looks amazing on her. I don't even know she went through with getting it with our mothers credit card." "She didn't get it with your mothers credit card, I paid for it." I accidentally blurted out.

"Why did you pay for her dress?" "I owed her money for something." "Damn What did she buy you Because that dress was not cheap." "Don't worry about it."

"Now that makes me worry. Did she lend you money for weed or something because if so, Hand some over." "Really Lex?" "Relax I was joking, but seriously what was it?"

"She paid for my food when I forgot my money." "The food wouldn't have costed that much."

"Look, I was trying to do something nice for the girl I care about the most in my life." "So she's the girl you care about the most? I'm your girlfriend." "She's my best friend, I don't understand why you're so jealous of her."

"Jealous of her? C'mon Jul you can't be serious." "Well maybe you are. Every time I mention her you always try to change the subject." "Yeah because who the hell wants to talk about their sister on a date with her boyfriend?"

"Okay you have a point, but I really do care about her." "I hate to ask you this, but do you like her or something?" She asked.
————————————————————————
Morgan's pov
As soon as I got home I jumped in the shower, put on the outfit that I selected before I left, and did my makeup. As I was finishing up my makeup I was thinking about the last time I wanted to impress a guy as bad as I wanted to impress Zach. It was this summer....

As much as I wanted to forget about that week something always drew me back in. Julian was the nicest guy and I felt different around him. When I usually talk to guys in general I get pretty nervous, but with Julian everything was just so natural. All of the nervousness went away and I was able to be the girl that I really was or still am.