Chapter 16

"Hey sis did you see that the official soccer schedules came out?" Tanner said handing me his phone to look at the schedule.

"Wow we play Alachua our first game, I don't know why we have to face one of the best teams out there. They really want us to start 0-1-0." "Same, but Julian, Nick, and Khalid said that we're gonna be better prepared this time around."

"Well I'm actually gonna play against them this time." "True they needed you. Without you they didn't have a play maker and they didn't know what to do. You're captain for a reason."

"Aww Thanks Tan. Do you have a homecoming date yet?" "Uh Yeah, I'm taking Camila Perez." "Wait you're taking Camila, the one on my team?" "Yeah, we've been taking for awhile and I thought it would be good to get to know her more." "Are you sure you can handle an older girl?" "She's a sophomore and technically I'm supposed to be a sophomore so we're both 15." "Oh yeah."

"Are you going with Carter from UF?" He asked and then I looked at him with wide eyes. "Where did you hear that from?" "Lex, she told me that after she made me watch her try on her dress and help her pick out makeup on Saturday."

"Well since I trust you more than her, he's not real. I made him up because I was on FaceTime with someone and I didn't want her to find out who it was with." "Julian?" "No it was just one of his friends that I know, but I didn't want her to find out because she would've wanted to know everything about them."

"So who actually is your date?" "I hate this question, you know why? Because everyone keeps asking when they know damn well that I don't have a date." "Okay Relax, if you want I can get Christian to go with you." "No, I don't want your pity and plus I think he's gonna be on vacation so he won't even be there. I don't want a date at all." "Whatever you say, I'll be in the car waiting."

"Good morning everyone." My sister said coming down the stairs with a big smile on her face. "What's up with you?" "Oh nothing except for the fact that I'm in the Homecoming court." She said clapping her hands.

"Nice, don't act like a bitch though, guys don't like that." "Yeah I learned that the hard way, but I'm gonna talk to him today."

"But why are you acting surprised? You were in the court the past 2 years." "Well since there's not a court for seniors, I wanted to get in one last time. To be honest they need to change that." "Nope, too many fights would break out."

"Whatever let's go, I need to talk to teachers about make up stuff." "Dude you literally missed a day, not a year." "Shut it." She said as we walked to the car.

On our way to school we just listened to music while Tanner ranted about how girls are so complicated and Lexi argued that boys were more complicated.

When I got out of the car I walked to my locker. To my surprise both Allie and Miles were standing there talking.

"Hey you two." I said messing up both of their hair. "Hey, we were just talking about you." Allie said "Yeah, it seems like you're still in a rough place." Miles replied back. "Nah I'm just trying to get through this week." "Honestly Same."

"So do you two have dates?" "Well were about to do a dare right now, if I win I get to pick her date and if she wins she gets to pick my date. She has to see if a weird kid has a thing for her and if he does I win." "You're so on." She said walking over to the weird kid who got into a fight with Miles the other day.

"Hey Sam." "Uh hhhi Allie Clifford, how do you know my name?" "I've heard a lot about you." "From who?" "Your boyfriend Miles, he talks about you sometimes." "That's not my boyfriend, but maybe you can be." She said pushing herself on him.

"Oh I don't know about that, you're just so beautiful." "Yeah and you look mediocre." She said looking at us disgusted. "Well if you really wanna do this, I guess starting off with my first kiss is a good start." He said pursing his lips together.