Chapter 6

"Ready for tonight?" Khalid asked while we both walked in together. "Yeah, I'm more than confident that we'll end up beating Middleburg, their top forward tore a ligament at practice so she won't be able to play until the end of the regular season."

"I'm talking about Nick's party tonight, you're still going with Julian right?" "Yeah I promised to go with him and I'm telling you right now that it isn't a date." "I know considering that you'll be the third wheel." "What?" I asked as Julian walked into the room.

"Isn't it obvious that you're sister has a thing with him?" "No, they aren't even dating, if you haven't forgotten she has a boyfriend." "Oh I haven't forgotten since you bring it up every time I talk about your sister." He laughed which made me feel a little embarrassed.

"Hey Morgan." Noah walked by as he tapped on me like the other day. "Hi." "You goin to Nick's tonight?" "Yeah you?" "Yeah we were supposed to have a game tonight but the other team had to cancel." "Nice, so I expect to see you at my scrimmage tonight." "Oh I'll be there, wouldn't wanna miss seeing you play." "Ha that's if I get in the game." I joked.

"You will trust me. So do you have a ride for tonight?" "Yeah Julian is bringing me." "The new kid?" "Yeah." "Why?" He laughed like I said something funny.

"Because we're friends." "Wait you mean to tell me that you and soccer boy are friends?" "Yeah good friends." "Morg just be careful around him." "Why?" "Well he just seems like the kid who will try to get in every girls pants." "He isn't you just have to get to know him." "Whatever you say, I'll see you later." "Bye."

"Woah woah woah were you talking to Noah again?" Lexi asked rushing over to me "yeah." "What did he say?" "He told me that he was coming to see my scrimmage tonight." "Oooo it sounds exactly like what he did when you two were together." "No it doesn't, just because he's coming doesn't mean he's more than a friend." "Yeah okay sis." She winked.

"Aye you ready for your game?" Julian asked walking over to me as Lexi walked out of the room. "Hell yeah." "Good because I'm actually kinda excited to see you play even though I've seen you before." "Well that was a one on one game against one another." "Doesn't matter, you were actually pretty good." "Thanks and I'll admit that you were pretty good last night too."

"Thanks I would've gotten in trouble if I did any worse considering that I went to a soccer school." "Makes sense, I mean you're gonna probably play in college." "Yeah that's something I wanna do. I think it's a good to have dreams and aspirations and that's something that I've been dreaming to do." "That's great, you're the first guy I've ever heard express their feelings for something like that." "Well there's a first for everything." He said and then class began.
*******************************************
"Welcome to the Gainesville high girls soccer scrimmage vs Middleburg high." The announcer said as our team was in a huddle doing our pre-game talk.

"Okay girls this is the first scrimmage of the season and we know the Middleburg is beatable since we beat their asses last year. My only advice is just pass the ball a lot because they like going after one position. Let's go girls 1...2....3 Gainesville." we screamed after I explained the plan to them.

"We will now announce Gainesville's starting lineup.
#13 Kamryn Reynolds Attacker
#22 Emilia Newburgh Center Attacker
#33 Jordan Scott Attacker
#35 Leah Hemmings Midfielder
#17 Taylor Armstrong Midfielder
#28 Sophie Conor Defender
#19 Camila Wilson Defender
#14 Bella Perez Defender
And your seniors and captains
#42 Alyssa Hernandez Defender
#14 Ariana Conor Goalkeeper
And finally
#11 Morgan Ryan Midfielder."

As they announced the other team I looked around to see who came. I saw Tanner but there was no sign of either Julian or Noah. I wasn't surprised about Noah but I didn't think that Julian would lie.