Chapter 3

This morning I walked into an empty classroom. I decided to go in early to make sure I had everything for all of my classes. I picked up my backpack and counted all of the notebooks and binders that I had for the first part of the day.

"Well if it isn't Morgan Ryan." a voice said looking over me. "What Khalid?" "Well someone is bit feisty." "Sorry I'm just not in the best mood." "That's what your brother said at practice yesterday." "How do you know I have a brother?" "Julian told me that. Tanner is pretty good, we're thinking of starting him on varsity." "that's great" I said counting the number or pencils and pens that I had.

"And he's right, Neymar is way better than Ronaldo." "in your dreams, Ronaldo has way more experience." "Nope even though Ronaldo has been in the MLS  7 years longer Neymar is way more refreshing to see."

"What are we talking about?" Julian asked walking into the classroom. "Well we were just talking about Who's better, Neymar or Ronaldo." "Of course you were, I mean everyone should know Ronaldo over anyone." "Yo now that's crossing the line." Khalid said in a more serious tone.

"Morgan what do you think?" Julian asked as I was checking my phone. I ignored him due to the fact that I was still upset with him. "Dude it looks like someone is ignoring you because she sides with me." "That must be it." He said in a depressing tone.

All of a sudden I looked up to see Miles and Lexi together. She was sitting in his lap kissing him like she always did, but the fact that they were right next to me bothered me. I missed having something special with a boy who actually cared.

"I'll talk to you later babe" she said walking away in a very seductive tone. "Damn your sister is great" Miles said taking the seat next to me. "Yeah yeah", I tolled my eyes not caring. "To be honest I've been considering finally taking the next step with her." "You just told me on Thursday that you don't know if your ready to take the next step with her." "I know but I've been thinking and I feel bad for making her wait.", he said with an embarrassed look. "Just make sure that you're ready" "Yeah thanks", he said turning around to face forward.

"Okay good morning class, today I will be assigning partners for a group project that is due Tuesday of next week. The project will be based on each era and you and your partner will research it and present it. So the partners are Karina and Alissa, Chance and Victoria, Lucas and Miles, Noah and Camila, Khalid and  Morgan, Alexis and Julian..........."

"Looks like we can argue some more", Khalid said. "I guess so" I laughed. "So since you say you're over Noah, any guys that you want me to hook you up with?", he questioned with a smirk.  "Nope", I said with a straight face:  "Really? Not even Mike, Cameron, Lucas, or Julian?"

When he asked that my heart skipped a beat. Did he know about my past with Julian or was he just teasing me? Khalid was a big help in my last relationship, but I know that I definitely don't want a relationship especially because of Noah.

"Nope" "So do you have anything against Julian? I mean you totally ignored him when he walked in and you made a face when I said his name." "No i just don't know if I can hang with guys like him." "You do know that he's not like Noah at all. Julian is super chill once you start talking to him." "Yeah I'm just trying to take a little break from boys." "well I'm just letting you know that if you want anyone I can get them for you", he said clapping his hands together. "Thanks", I nodded.

"So what era did we get assigned?", I asked. "We got present time." "Perfect so we got a lot to work with. What do you wanna start on first?" He asked pulling a laptop out of his backpack. "Let's start on relationships since we were on the topic." "Okay so tell me about relationships back then and relationships now"