The things we used to share

You can have the Toaster and the PC or even my Timothy Green DVD, I'll let you have the couch and the TV, hang on to the jacket that you bought for me.

When I moved out I left everything behind. I left everything with you, but I still have the jacket and I cling to it while I cry myself to sleep every night.

I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share, but what did you do with my heart? What did you do with my heart?

I gave you everything, and you left me with nothing, but one thing I wonder: Do you keep my heart in a box? ...

No more fireworks, ...

I tried to date different people, I really did, but I never felt the same magical spark every time they kissed me.

... no more compass. ...

I don't know where I'm going since you left me alone.

... You didn't leave a single butterfly in my stomach. ...

The same stomach that once made me feel millions of tingles every time I looked at you, now feels like an empty pit.

... You took my spyglass, no knowing what lies ahead. ...

Everything around me is dark, and I trip over different stones so many times.

... Took my warmth at night but left a dent in my bed.

I still expect to wake up and see you in the morning, but every morning I get incredibly sad when I don't see your face, but the empty side of my bed.

I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share, but what did you do with my heart? What did you do with my heart?

... Did you give it to someone else? ...

Strip me of my pride, that's for the best, but you've also deprived me of a full night's rest. ...

I fought so long to have you back, but you always dismissed me. Now I lay awake a lot and think about what I did wrong.

... So no more dreams where we pull through, ...

All my dreams end the same: You are gone, and I am left alone forever.

... but I can't collect my thoughts 'cause they're still with you.

Every person I ever see and everything I ever do reminds me of you.

I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share, but what did you do with my heart? What did you do with my heart?

... Did you throw it away? ...

I wouldn't take it back even tho I feel sore. I meant it when I said what's mine is yours, ...

My body hurts, but you can keep my heart because you still mean the world to me.

... but I need to know, now that we're apart: What did you do with my heart?

... Or do you still play with it to hurt me even more?

------------------------------

A/N: So I hope you liked this song fan fiction thing to Thomas's (and of course Joan's) incredible and super emotional song.
This is the very first time I ever wrote something like this, so constructive criticism is always appreciated :) Maybe tell me what you did or didn't like? ^-^

Thanks in advance ^~^

Peace out!
~ Azura011