Theatre [ThomasXreader]

I walk through the hallways of my high school, excited for my first theatre class of the year. I walk into the theatre and greet the other students that I know from last year and sit down in the front row.

The teacher walks in, welcomes us to a new year of theatre, explains the rules for the new students, and talks a bit about what we'll do this year. "... And as always, you will have to find a partner, but keep in mind that you will work with this person the whole year, and you're not allowed to change your partner either." He then counts the people in the class. "We're an even number of boys and girls, so I want to see every girl with a boy and every boy with a girl. Now, you may choose your partners." The teacher sits down and watches us.

Immediately a boy approaches me, but before he speaks up, I do. "Sorry Matt, but not again. You were a mess last year and I almost failed this class because of you."

"I've changed, I promise," Matt says.

"I did too, I'm not naive any more." With that, I walk away from him and look around the room. I spot a boy further in the back. He's fidgeting with his hands and looks around the room. I walk up to him. "Hey, I'm (Y/N)," I say, sit down next to him and stretch my hand in his direction.

"Thomas." He says and shakes my hand.

"Are you new here?"

"Yeah, my dad and I moved here during the summer."

"You don't have a partner yet, do you?" I ask and Thomas shakes his head. "Do you want to be my partner?"

"Sure," Thomas says and smiles at me. We talk for a few minutes when our teacher speaks up and dismisses us for today.

~ 2 months later ~

We walk into theatre class where our teacher hands out papers. Thomas and I get one, and we look at it. It's this week's exercise:

Perform three or four songs from a musical:
- female voice in focus
- male voice in focus
- duet
- Show how comfortable you are
with your partner

I immediately get ideas for what songs to use and so does Thomas I guess because he looks happier and more excited than usual.

The teacher finishes our lesson, and we go to the cafeteria. "Got some ideas for songs we could use?" I ask Thomas on the way.

"Yeah, I was thinking about using three songs from Heathers the musical. Do you know it?"

"Are you trying to insult me? Of course, I know Heathers! I was actually thinking of suggesting three of the songs. Seventeen for the duet, Freeze your brain for you and Dead girl walking for me and to show how comfortable we are."

"Are you kidding? I thought of the exact same songs!" Thomas smiles at me.

"I guess we're pretty in sync already." I laugh.

Thomas and I meet later in my house to rewatch Heathers the musical and start to practice the performances.

We start with Freeze your brain, and I've got to say, I heard Thomas sing a lot already, but his voice impresses me over and over again.

Then we try Dead girl walking, and we made the scene just as intense as in the musical. It was hot.

And finally Seventeen. One of my personal favourites of the show. It's so full of emotions, you can't not love it.

~ That Friday ~

We head into theatre class where other students are already warming up their voices. Thomas and I sit down in the front row and warm up our voices too.

A few minutes later our teacher and a man and a woman in suits walk onto the stage.

"Children, say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson, they will join me today." We all mutter a 'hi' before turning our attention back to our teacher. "So let's get your performances started."

Thomas and I are last and we wait and watch the others. All of them are so amazing.

"Last but definitely not least: Thomas and (Y/N)!"

We go on stage and perform our 3 songs. (During Dead Girl walking there was a ton of whistling and 'oooh'ing from the other students) It went very well in my opinion.

The entire time during every performance, Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson scribbled on their papers.
After Thomas and I are done our teacher dismisses us.

"You sounded amazing Thomas," I say as we walk into the hallway.

"Uhm... (Y/N)? Did you... uh... feel this too? On stage... This... connection between... us?" Thomas asks nervously. I carefully take his hand while we keep walking through the hallway.

"Yeah... I... I did feel a connection for a while." I answer.

We leave the school and head home. We walked together until the road split. "Are you free tonight? My parents aren't home and we could watch a movie or something." Thomas asks and blushes.

"Yeah, I would like that very much," I say. Then it happened. We both leaned in until our lips touched. I put my arms around his neck, and he puts his around my waist to deepen the kiss.

That's when my phone rings. We break apart and I look on the screen: Mom.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" I ask after accepting the call.

"Why aren't you home yet?"

"I'm on my way."

"Hurry up, please. You know that I don't like it when you're late."

"Yes, mum. See ya." I hang up. "Sorry I have to go. I'll see you later." I quickly peck Thomas on the lips and go home.

------------------------------

A/N: I just saw that we're almost at 1 THOUSAND reads and I can't thank you all enough! ♡ Love you!

Peace out!
~ Azura011