Hate [PattonXmale!reader]

~ requested ~

TW // Homophobia, homophobic slurs

------------------------------

[Your POV]

"Daddy! Daddy! Come push me!" My 4-year-old daughter Ivory yells from across the playground.

"Well, excuse me for a second," I say and kiss the cheek of my partner Patton.

"Come on daddy!" Ivory yells.

"I'm coming." I chuckle and make my way to the little girl that's excitedly swinging her legs forward and backwards.

Finally, reaching the swings, I hold the swing my daughter sits on and pull it back. "Hold on tight, honey," I say and let go. The swing swings forward, and I hear Ivory giggle and when the swing comes back, I push it gently.

"Higher daddy! Higher!" Ivory says laughing.

"You can almost touch the sky and still want to go higher? You're so brave!" I say and my 4-year-old laughs. I continue to push Ivory on the swing for a few minutes when a boy sits on the swing next to Ivory's.

"Push me mommy. Please!" The boy yells.

"Not right now. Mommy is busy." A voice, belonging to the mother of the boy, yells back. I look in the direction where the voice was coming from and see a woman on her phone on the bench next to Patton.

People these days. I think and shake my head, averting my attention away from the woman and back to my daughter.

"Mommy! Help me please!" A girl yells from behind me. I turn my head and see a girl struggling to climb up onto the climbing frame.

The same woman as before yells. "Hold on. I'm almost done... Goddammit! I lost the level! I hope you're happy." She gets up and makes her way to the girl, roughly pushing her up the climbing frame, before pushing her son on the swing once and going back to sit down.

[Patton's POV]

The very unfriendly woman comes back and sits on the bench next to me. I, being the happy person I am, try to lift her mood.

"Your children are adorable," I say and the woman looks up at me.

"Yeah, but they can be quite the handfuls." She says with a sigh.

"I believe that. How old are they?"

"My son Jeremy is 4 and my daughter Jamie is 5."

"That's a great age for children. You don't need to change their diapers anymore, but you also don't need to worry about them getting or getting someone pregnant." I joke and the woman chuckles.

"I guess so. Where is your child?" She says with a seemingly better mood.

"Over there," I say and point to the swing. Her eyes narrow and she looks at me confused.

"You don't have a problem that this strange man is touching her?"

"What strange man? That is my husband." I say and her smile falters quickly.

"Oh this poor girl." I hear her mutter.

"Poor girl? Why?" I ask and the woman glares at me.

"She will never know what mother's love is. You and your husband should be ashamed to treat this little girl this way! This is disgusting! When she's in school every child will bully her because her parents are freaks!"

[Your POV]

I look over to the mother of the boy next to Ivory who is yelling again. Turning my head, I can't believe what I see. The woman is standing in front of Patton, pointing and yelling at him.

"Hold on darling." I say and stop the swing that Ivory is sitting on. Then I make my way back to the bench where my husband is sitting, his face facing the ground. "Excuse me?" I say and the angry woman turns around to me.

"Oh great. The other f*g." She says.

"What is your problem?" I ask and she glares at me.

"My problem is the way you treat your child! Two fathers and no mother! What is wrong with you?"

"No, Mrs., what is wrong with you? You have ignored your children, so you could play on your phone, and you think you have the right to judge anyone? You're mistaken!" I say as calmly as I can. She completely ignores me and bows down, so she is on eye level with Ivory, who is hiding behind me.

"Should I call someone to help you?" She asks. I try to pick Ivory up and get her away, but Ivory clings onto my leg.

"Who?" She asks.

"People who could get you away from these two men."

"Why?"

"Because they're sick, and they'll make you sick too."

"No." Ivory shakes her head vigorously.

"Darling, I'm trying to help you get away from these freaks. Let me help you, please." The woman says and tries to reach for Ivory.

"But I love my daddies. They're not sick. If they're sick, then they couldn't go outside and need to take medicine, but they don't need medicine, so they're not sick." Ivory says and I smile.

The woman huffs and straightens up to face me again. "This is against God's will and I will not stand for this disgusting behavior!" She yells.

"And I won't stand for your hate and intolerance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a family to spend my time with. And I'd rather do that than to spend another second with your useless hate." I say.

The mother of two lets out a long and angry sigh, before taking her things and moving to another bench, finding a place she takes out her phone, holds it to her ear and starts to yell again: "Can you believe that? Two men raising a child! Disgusting!"

I face my husband who is still looking at the floor. "Are you alright Patton?" I ask, and he looks up, tears rolling down his face.

"What if she is right (Y/N)? What if this is wrong and Ivory is going to get bullied because of us?" Patton asks seriously.

"Hey, hey, hey. We don't think things like that. This woman is filled with rage and nothing she said was right - If she was right, why is Ivory so happy with us? And if she gets bullied, we'll be there to help her."

"Don't be sad daddy," Ivory says and climbs onto Patton's lap. "It's okay. I love you." She says and kisses Patton's cheek, making the happy man smile again.

Patton wraps his arm around me and pulls me into his side, while he's hugging Ivory tightly. "I love you two."

------------------------------

A/N: This one-shot was requested by ConnorMurphysHusband and I thought it was sooo cute that I wanted to get it perfect, which is why it took a few days (sorry about that :3)

I really hoped you like the one-shot! :)

Take it easy guys, gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!

~ Azura011

[Originally published: January 25th, 2018]