New Years Eve [VirgilXreader]

[Narrator's POV]

"Why should I come?" (Y/N) asks and crosses her arms in front of her chest after (Y/B/F) [Your Best Friend] asks if you'd come to the New Year's Eve party with her.

"Because you shouldn't spend your new year alone! Besides, it's at Thomas' place, so Virgil will be there too." (Y/B/F) says smiling and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.
(Y/B/F) has known about (Y/N)'s crush on Virgil for forever, and they always tried to push her to tell the anxious boy about it.

"So what? You know he doesn't feel the same way about me!" (Y/N) says and rolls her eyes. (Y/B/F) chuckles.

"You're so oblivious."

----------

"I can't believe you made me come along." (Y/N) sighs and (Y/B/F)  laughs.

"It's to your own good! You can not spend new year's alone! Also, it's only 1 hour until midnight, after that we can go home. I promise." They say as they pull up to the house.

The two friends climb out of the car and walk to the open door.

"It's so full in here." (Y/N) says as she and her best friend push through the hallway to the kitchen.

"(Y/N)! (Y/B/F)! I didn't know you two were coming!" Thomas says happily and hugs them.

"Hey Thomas! It was kind of spontaneous and Miss I'd-rather-spend-New-Year's-Eve-Alone didn't want to come, but I convinced her." (Y/B/F) smiles.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm boring, I know." (Y/N) mutters and looks to the floor, feeling really uncomfortable. As she looks back up she finds herself alone. (Y/B/F) and Thomas both disappeared into the crowd.

(Y/N) pushes past a few more people when she arrives at the stairs where two drunk people are making out. Carefully making her way past them, she goes upstairs where it's a little less crowded.

(Y/N) opens the door to the room which she knew belonged to Virgil, but was surprised that he was in there.

The boy looks at her with an equally surprised look and her face slightly turned pink as she stumbled over her words.

"I-I'm sorry. I was j-just looking for a less crowded spot." (Y/N) smiles.

"It's alright. Come in." Virgil says and (Y/N) steps inside, closing the door behind her.

----------

They talk until Virgil's phone rings. He looks at it and his eyes widen slightly.

"Come on outside (Y/N)! Only 1 minute until midnight." Virgil says, grabs (Y/N)'s hand, and pulls her downstairs and out of the front door.

30 seconds until midnight

Virgil realizes he's holding (Y/N)'s hand and drops it quickly, looking away from the girl as his face gets red.

20 seconds

"Um... Virgil?" (Y/N) speaks up and the anxious boy looks at her. "I... Uhm... I really, really like you." She says quickly and Virgil looks at her wide eyes.

10 seconds

"I really like you too." Virgil smiles.

9 seconds

Virgil takes (Y/N)'s hands in his.

8 seconds

The brown-haired boy pulls the (Y/H/C) haired girl towards him.

7 seconds

(Y/N) moves her arms around Virgil's neck while he wraps his around her waist.

6 seconds

(Y/N) stands up on her toes.

5 seconds

Virgil pulls (Y/N) even closer.

4 seconds

The two smile at each other.

3 seconds

They start to lean in.

2 seconds

(Y/N) feels Virgil's warm breath on her skin.

1 second

Virgil and (Y/N) close their eyes.

0 seconds until midnight

(Y/N) and Virgil close the gap between their lips as rockets fly into the air and sparks fly between them.

The kiss lasts about 30 seconds, and they only pull away because someone speaks up next to them.

"Oblivious, like I said."

(Y/N) takes a step away from Virgil, a sigh of relief leaving her lips.

"(Y/B/F), it's only you."

"Yeah, yeah Miss Oblivious." (Y/B/F) says. "We can go now. Midnight, as promised."

"Uhm... yeah. Just a second." (Y/N) turns to Virgil. "I have to go. See you later." She quickly pecks Virgil on the lips, her hand on his cheek, and they make eye contact.

(Y/N) turns away, but Virgil grabs her hand and turns her back around. "(Y/N)? Will you be my girlfriend please?" He asks and his face turns pink again.

"Yes, I would very much like that." (Y/N) smiles. Virgil leans down to her and plants a kiss on her lips.

He leans back a tiny bit and whispers: "Goodbye love."

(Y/N) blushes and walks over to (Y/B/F) who's already waiting at the car.

Virgil watches her walk away and suddenly notices a presence next to him.

"It's like in Cinderella. Only that you know her and she doesn't lose her shoe." Virgil looks over to see Roman and smirks.

"I guess so."

At this moment Virgil couldn't believe that this wasn't a story, but it was real life, and he held (Y/N)'s heart just as she held his.

------------------------------

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

I very much hope you like this story because I had fun writing it :)

What are your New Year's resolutions (if you have any)?

Make the best out of 2018 and take it easy guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Peace out!

~ Azura011

[Originally published: December 31st, 2017]