Broken [PattonXreader]

TW // Depression, Suicide, self-harm, and blood
-------------------------------

I walk through the rain, my clothes are soaked, and I don't know where to go.
I just ran out when I saw my fiancé Jack with his assistant on the sofa. I didn't grab a jacket or umbrella, and now I'm walking through the rain with tears rushing down my face.

I finally look up and look around. That's when I realized that I'm near my best friend's house. I slowly walk to his door and knock, hoping that he's not mad at me for not texting him for months.

Jack said he would 'do things he would regret later' if I ever wrote Thomas again, and I was so scared.

A few seconds after I knock the door swings open and Thomas stands on the other side. He looks surprised and hugs me wordless while I cry on his shoulder.

After I calm down we head inside and sit on the sofa where I explain everything to Thomas.

"You can stay here if you want to," Thomas suggests after I finished my story.

"Thank you so much, Thomas," I say and hug him again.

"I suggest you go and take a shower, or you might get sick. Hold on a second, I'll just get towels and clothes for you."

Thomas goes upstairs to get some clothes when Patton walks in. He sees me and his eyes widen. "(Y-Y/N)? Am I dreaming? What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Pat," I say and hug the man who's now sitting next to me.

That's when Thomas comes down again. He hands me towels and clothes and I go into the bathroom to take a hot shower.
I quickly put on the clothes consisting of pyjama pants with different Nintendo characters on them and a grey hoodie that's a bit too big for me and go into the living room where Thomas and his sides are talking.

When I walk in they get quiet and look at me. Roman, Logan, and Virgil greet me, and we start to talk.

A few days later Thomas and I go to my old home, unlock the door with the spare key that's hidden under the dwarf that my ex-fiance loves so much and grab some clothes and other essentials, so I can officially live at Thomas' place. I grab my keys, and we take my car back to Thomas's place.

~ A few weeks later ~

I lay in my bed in the guest room and watch some YouTube videos. The room is dark because I closed the dark purple curtains and I haven't moved in about two hours.
Someone knocks and the door opens - It's Patton. "Hey, I just wanted to tell you that Talyn and Joan are here and... Are you alright?" He asks worried and looks around my room.

Clothes are scattered everywhere and the room is just one big chaos. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, not wanting him to know that my depression is driving me downhill fast. "I know the room's a mess, I'll clean up in a few minutes," I say and smile a bit.

"Alright kiddo." He says. "We've got cake, so if you want a slice, you can join us in the kitchen."

"Will do." With that, he closes my door and I sigh. I slowly get up and open one of the curtains and windows to let in some fresh air. Then I make my way to the mirror. My hair is greasy from not showering for four days, and I'm overall a complete mess.

I put my hair in a messy bun and make my way downstairs to the kitchen where Thomas, Roman, Virgil, Logan, Patton, Joan and Talyn sit and chat.

"You look horrible (Y/N)," Logan says as I walk in.

"Thanks, Lo," I say, roll my eyes and sit in the chair between Roman and Virgil.

"Are you alright?" Roman asks and places his hand on my shoulder, but quickly retreats it. "What was that?" He asks confused.

"What was what?" I ask even more confused.

Still looking at his hand, Roman explains: "There's more negative energy coming from you than from JDelightful on his worst days and after listening to hours of My sciency Lovestory-"

"My chemical romance" Virgil interrupts.

"... After listening to hours of My Chemical Romance and getting sad that he won't ever see them live again."

"So?" I ask trying to avoid the unavoidable.

"Well, from the facts delivered, you are not okay," Logan says.

"What facts? That Roman says he feels something that is not there?" I say a little louder than originally intended. "...sorry," I mutter.

"That and that your hair is greasy, indicating that you haven't washed it in a few days, you have bags under your eyes, your room is a mess, and that I hear you crying a lot." Virgil, who lives in the room right next to mine, says.

"So what? Yes, I cry a lot. If you haven't noticed I just went through a pretty bad breakup, I have a lot of nightmares, that's why I have bags under my eyes. My room's a mess because I'm too lazy to clean it and I just didn't wash my hair. That's not a crime, you know?" I say annoyed.

"Stop lying to us," Patton mutters.

"What did you say, Patton?"

"I said 'Stop lying to us'. Why don't you trust us enough to tell us the truth? We all care about you!"

"Fine! I'll tell you what's wrong with me! I can't do this any more! My life isn't worth living and every day I pray that it all ends! I lost my job, my fiancé cheated on me, I'm technically homeless and every night I sit in the bathroom and watch as tears and blood drip to the floor. I don't want this life any longer!" I finish and only then I realize that I was crying and everyone looks at me with worry and sadness in their eyes.

I get up, go to my room, lock the door, jump on my bed, and cry on my pillow until I fall asleep. When I wake up at around 1 am I remember that I still have liquor hidden in the wardrobe, and I'm really in the mood for a drink or two. So I grab a few of the bottles, and before I know it I'm totally drunk and out of my mind.

I grab my keys, open the door, step into the hallway and wobble down the stairs. Not paying any attention to the man that sits on the sofa, I walk out of the door and unlock my car. Driven by the drunk thought to end my life for good, I was about to turn on my car when the door opens and someone pulls me out of the car.

"What are you doing?" The man with the blue shirt asks and his voice cracks. "If you drive this car now you could kill yourself and others."

"That's the plan," I mutter. "I really want to die."

"No, you don't. You're just helpless right now. Don't worry, I'll always be here to help you.  I love you so much (Y/N) and I couldn't live without you." With that, the man picks me up and carries me bridal style into the house. He places me on my bed and sits beside me until I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up with the worst headache ever. I look to my side and see a glass of water and a headache pill with a note on the nightstand.

Eat me!

♡ Patton

says the note and I take the pill and a big sip of water. I was about to get up when I remembered what happened.

"I love you so much (Y/N) and I couldn't live without you." Patton. Patton stopped me. I make my way down to the kitchen where Patton is making breakfast. He doesn't see me, so I sneak up to him and put my hands around him, hugging him from behind.

"I love you too Patton," I say, and he turns around. We look each other in the eyes and lean in, then we're kissing.

We break apart after hearing a squeak, to see Roman with his hands in front of his mouth. "You two are so cute!" He says before running out.

Patton and I giggle. I turn back to Patton and get serious again. "Thank you for saving my life, Pat."

"I'll always be here to help you." He says and kisses my forehead.