Realisation [PattonXreader]

~ requested ~

"Come on Patton." (Y/N) giggles as the man carries her down the stairs on his back. "You can do it."

Patton successfully makes it down the stairs and sits on the sofa, before throwing the girl off his back.

"What do you want to do now?" Patton asks.

"I don't know." (Y/N) says and climbs on Patton's lap, so she sits sideways, her left side leaning on his chest. She rests her head on his chest for a second before she speaks up: "I want popcorn."

With that, she gets up and goes into the kitchen. Looking through the shelves on the search for microwave popcorn, she quickly realizes that they don't have any.

"Patton," (Y/N) whines. "We don't have popcorn."

"So?" Patton asks, already knowing where this is going.

"Can you go to the store? I'm too lazy. Pretty please?" (Y/N) asks, putting on her best puppy face.

Patton sighs and smiles, gets up, and heads to the door.

"Thanks, Pat, love you." Patton's best friend says and slumps on the sofa.

Patton, the door handle in his hand, freezes. He doesn't know why, but the last two words made his heart stop. He shakes his head, pushing the thought away, and walks outside.

----------

With the [sweet/salty/butter/caramel] popcorn in hand, Patton walks out of the store and down the street when he sees a couple kissing on a bench.

'Awwww.' He thinks to himself as he walks past them. 'How nice it would be to do that with (Y/N).' A little voice in his head says. Patton freezes once again and drops the popcorn. Pulling himself together, he picks up the popcorn again and continues to walk down the street looking at the floor, wondering why he just thought that.

----------

"Patton, you're back!" (Y/N) greets the man as he walks in the door.

"Uh... Yeah, hi." He says awkwardly and hands her the popcorn.

"Thanks, Pat." With that  (Y/N) walks into the kitchen and Patton sits on the sofa.

A few minutes later  (Y/N) walks back in and sees her best friend deep in thought. "You okay Patton?" She asks, startling the man in front of her.

"Huh? Oh yeah, just tired." Patton says and smiles up at the girl that sits down next to him. She shoves popcorn in her mouth, before turning on her favorite movie.

"It's okay if we watch that, right?" She asks and looks to her right, where the man next to her is already deep in thought and staring at her. "Patton?" She asks and waves her hand in front of his face.

Patton zones back in. "Oh, sorry. What were you saying?"

"Are you sure you're alright? You can tell me if you're not, you know that right?" (Y/N) asks and puts the popcorn on the table in front of her before completely turning to Patton.

Patton's eyes flicker from (Y/N)'s eyes to her lips, and he can feel a blush rising to his cheeks. "I- Uhm... I have... Actually, it's nothing."

Patton stands up and walks towards the stairs. "Patton." (Y/N) says softly and grabs his wrist just as the not-so-happy happy man sets foot on the first step. "Talk to me."

"There is nothing to talk about." He says and continues to walk up the stairs, but the girl doesn't let go.

"Patton Morality Sanders, you're gonna stop walking away and talk to me right now!" (Y/N) yells as the two reach the top of the stairs.

"I can't. You would hate me." Patton says and looks at the ground.

"Oh, Patton. I could never hate you." (Y/N) says and reaches up to cup his cheek, smiling at the tall man. "Just tell me what's up."

"I... kind of... realized that I... maybe really, really like you... and ... might have... Uhm... thought.. about... you know... kissing you?" Patton says, his face as red as a Solanum Lycopersicum.

(Y/N) giggles. "And you thought I'd hate you for this?" She asks.

"I guess, yeah."

"Well, do you still want to kiss me?" (Y/N) asks and Patton's eyes widen.

"W-What?"

"Do you still want to kiss me?" (Y/N) asks again.

"K-Kind of?" Patton stutters.

(Y/N) stands on her toes and cups Patton's cheeks, before connecting their lips. Patton wraps his arms around (Y/N)'s waist. A few seconds later the two break apart and (Y/N) smiles.

"Just so you know, I really, really like you too." The girl says and pulls Patton in for another kiss.

------------------------------

A/N: This story was requested by YukiTasuku and I absolutely loved the idea! I hope you like this story!! ♡

That's all for now
Take it easy guys, gals, and non-binary pals. Peace out!

~ Azura011

[Originally published: January 27th, 2018]