Body [PattonXreader]

CW // Body image issues
----------
--------------------

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" Patton asks after gently knocking on the locked bedroom door. No answer. He knocks again. "Honey? We need to leave soon; are you ready?" Still, nothing, not even a sound comes from his loved one.

Suddenly the door lock clicks and Y/N, Patton's fiancé, walks out.

"Are you alright?" Patton asks and Y/N nods, looking to the floor. "Really?" They nod again, not looking at the tall man in front of them. Patton gently places his fingers on their chin and moves their head up, so Y/N's eyes meet his.

Y/N's eyes are red and puffy and there are tear stains on their face.

"Why were you crying?" Patton asks worriedly.

"It's nothing. Let's go." Y/N waves it off, but Patton shakes his head.

"It's not nothing if it bothers you. I feel like we need a night to just talk. No going out, no movies, just us two." He says, smiling.

"No, you were so excited to meet your friends, I don't want to ruin your evening."

"Nothing is ruining my evening more than knowing you're upset. Come on." Patton grabs Y/N's hands and gently pulls her into the bedroom and next to him on the bed. He pulls out his phone and cancels their plans for tonight, before turning to his fiancé.
"Talk to me. What's going on, love?"

"Remember my favorite shirt?" Y/N asks.

"The [Y/F/C] one?"

"Yeah, it doesn't fit anymore. I gained even more weight and I just feel so ugly and fat." Tears well up in Y/N's eyes and Patton's brows furrow.

"Why do you think you're fat and ugly? You're none of those things, love. You're the most beautiful and amazing person I've ever met, and we will sit here until you believe me." Patton says, hugging the person he loves the most in this world.

"But my shirt..."

"You already had that shirt when we met in high school; it's been over ten years. It's normal that you grow out of stuff. Please believe me. You're not fat."

"I don't know. I still gained weight." Y/N says, lowering their head.

"That's not necessarily a bad thing. Why are you so scared about your weight?"

"Boys like skinny people and if I'm fat, you'll leave me." A tear rolls down Y/N's face, and they quickly wipe it away.

"What? Why would I do that? I love you, Y/N. And I don't love you for your body, I love you because you're an amazing, beautiful person and I could never, ever imagine my future without you. In fact, I don't even want to imagine my future without you." Patton says, looking deeply into Y/N's eyes.

"I- Thank you, Patton. I love you too."

Patton kisses the top of Y/N's head and pulls them in for another hug.

"Please, if something bothers you, talk to me. I will always be here for you. Always."

------------------------------

A/N: I just wanted to thank you for over 50K reads and almost 2k votes, that's absolutely mind-blowing ♡

Take it easy guys, gals, and non-binary pals. Peace out!

~ Azura011

[Originally published: March 13, 2018]