When I met you

When I met you your words were new and so exciting.

We were in love, that's what you said. It was the first time someone told me they loved me and I couldn't have been happier.

You sold me things, you gave me wings, you were inviting

You said I am the only one for you, you said I'm the most beautiful person you've ever seen.

At my lowest points, you helped me up, you made me fly.

Now you're gone from my life, I'm adrift on the sea

Last night you said we're through. You left me alone in the dark room that was soon filled with my tears.

I'm just singing, Ooh oh oh oh
Ooh oh oh oh.
Oooooh
But now it seems that life's a dream I'd rather wake from

Since the day you left my life's been a nightmare. No one is there to help me up when I fall.
I want to wake up so badly, but I know that I can't.

I stumble here to there, no truth that I can take from

My life is a mess. No matter where I go, I don't feel like I belong. I enter a room, my head hanging low, and leave before anyone even realize I was there.

'Cause you're gone from my life I'm so blind I can't see

Without you, there's no one to guide me. I'm lost in a sea of people and I can't look forward anymore.

I'm just singing, Ooh oh oh oh
Ooh oh oh oh
But I'll lose if you remain

However, I know that this was for the best. At the end of our relationship, the constant argument broke me.

Your hurtful words broke me more than you leaving.

There is nothing left to gain

You couldn't get anymore love out of me. Everything you once loved to hear leave my mouth became boring, old. I was boring. Others were better.

It's the same old sad refrain

Our last conversation plays over and over in my head. It's the thing that's constantly clogging my brain. It's like a catchy tune, that you can't help but think about, but I don't want to think about it.

When I met you my life was blue, I was so lonely

You met me at my lowest point, I didn't have anyone.

You took me by surprise, your eyes were all mine only

You stepped into my life, pulled me out of the hole I was in.
The way you looked at me... Full of admiration, love... You only looked at me that way, no one else got that look from you, it was all for me.

Now you're gone from my life I'm adrift on the sea
And it's all I can do to breathe
Oooooooooh ooooh
Oooh ooh
Ooooooooh oh oh ooooh
Ooh

I try to keep my head above water, breathing slowly as I try to find land, but there's only water around me and I don't know where to go.

When I met you, your words were new

You were the first person to ever tell me that I was loved.

------------------------------

A/N: This is one of those song lyric things with the lyrics from 'When I met you' by Ethan Nestor aka Crankgameplays and Dan Ring. If you haven't listened to it, please do so, because I think it's an amazing song ^-^

The story by itself isn't really about anyone, which means that you can think about whomever you want while reading it, I guess :)

Anyways, thank you for all of your support, it means soo much to me ♡ 45k reads and 1.8k votes is incredible! I am so, so happy that you like my stories, thank you all so much. ♡

Take it easy guys, gals, and non-binary pals. Peace out!

~ Azura011

[Originally published:  February 22nd, 2018]