Chapter 2 ~ Truth or dare

This chapter is dedicated to a really good friend here, Lauren. I really enjoy talking to you.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 2 ― Truth or dare

I looked at myself in the mirror and wanted to cry. Why? Why me? I looked like a clown and I refused to go out. Phebs and Belle were laughing hysterically at me. Why wouldn’t they? I was dressed up in a blue navy dress with white dots, a belt around my small waist. I had boobs and I liked to wear large t-shirts so I could dissimulate them, but with this dress it was impossible. I looked like a real hourglass and I hated it. My friends loved my curvy figure, but I hated it for the same reason I hated bright colours: it brought unwanted attention on me. Men looked at me when I used skinny clothes and I hated it.

“Don’t make me do this,” I begged one more time but I just got laughter as a response from my friends.

The night before we were playing truth or dare, quite drunk, I must add, and, of course, Belle dared me to wear a girly dress the next day and go out with it. I should have accepted the consequences instead of this. I was even wearing high heels! I already missed my combat boots.

“You have to, Alex. Stop moaning and let’s go,” Phebs said smiling and taking my hand. I sighed, resigned that I was going to humiliate myself in public. Note to self: never play truth or dare with the girls again. Run away from them if I’m drunk.

My ponytail bounced as I walked with my friends to the car. We were going to a restaurant were many people were going to see me in this… this… this costume! Oh, just kill me now. Yeah, I probably was exaggerating. Okay, I was exaggerating, but it was really hard for me to do this. I wasn’t used to this, I wasn’t the kind of girl who enjoyed shopping, or wore dresses, or high heels –God, I hated those. That was why my friends enjoyed making me do such things so much.

“You’re gonna pay for this,” I promised as we got into the car. Phebs drove to the restaurant whilst I was still mumbling curses in the back seat. “At least I could have gone in the front!” I complained but my friends just laughed and turned the radio louder with another song from this boy band. That day I wasn’t in the mood.

In the restaurant it was worse than I thought. I saw the looks men gave me, those disgusting and lustful looks that gave me the creeps. In moments like that it was when I thought it would be a great idea to stop doing exercise. I liked eating, I liked it a lot and I wasn’t the kind that could eat tons without adding a few pounds; no, I had to do some exercise: jogging, bicycle, even yoga twice a week in order to keep being able to pass through the door.

We went to a table and soon a young waiter came to take our order. He looked at me flirtatiously and I just rolled my eyes. I meant, he wasn’t exactly looking at me, he was more looking at my cleavage. Stupid dress. But his look when he took my order was priceless. I knew that just the day before I ate like a thousand burgers, but I couldn’t help myself and ordered as much as I could.

After a while, I went to the restroom trying to pass unnoticed but failing miserably at it. I even heard some whispered from a table with five boys but didn’t turn around to see them. I didn’t want to pick a fight in a dress.

I looked at myself in the mirror still hating what I saw. My dark makeup was gone, my green eyes looked bigger thanks to the clear makeup that Belle put on me. With the tight ponytail my features were more exposed and I felt really uncomfortable with that, but the only good thing about my aspect that day was that the snake tattoo right down my left ear that crept to my neck was pretty visible and I loved it. I had a few tattoos but this one was my favourite, also the most special because it was my first.