Chapter 31 ~ Goodbye

Author's note: First off, I want you to know that I love you and please, look at the beautiful gif before reading the chapter. And after and never forget that I love you and that I hired two bodyguards. I love you.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 31 ― Goodbye

“Is the food ready?” Niall asked me and I rolled my eyes.

We were in his kitchen as it was becoming normal for us this last week. All the time we could get, we spent it in his flat so we could have some privacy. Of course, sometimes the lads joined us but at the end they all knew we wanted to be left alone, after all, I was starting my classes the next day.

We spent several nights together and I just had to say that I loved his bed. I understood perfectly why he loved it so much, it was the best place to cuddle with him, talking or doing other things. I just loved to be with him and it was killing me, knowing that we had less and less time. That night probably was our last and I wanted to enjoy it, but it was so hard when I knew that I had to say goodbye to the best thing that had happened to me.

Niall.

“The answer is the same I gave you five minutes ago, Niall. Not yet,” I told him smiling as I was pealing some tomatoes for a salad. He actually pouted whilst wrapping his arms around my waist.

“I’m hungry.”

“I know, you’re always hungry and so am I,” I chuckled kissing his cheek lightly. “Patience. Give me ten more minutes.”

“Okay, but can I stay with you here?” I nodded focusing again on the tomato in my hands and the knife.

I never was the cuddle kind of girl, on the contrary, I always appreciated my personal space and with my ex boyfriends we never were that kind either; but with Niall I discovered how much I loved to cuddle, to be hugged, to be kissed all the time. Being with Niall taught me loads of new things about myself and about other stuff. I learned to appreciate things that I always had taken for granted. I realised that despite my many previous futile relationships, I never really opened to love, to really love, until I met Niall. It hurt like hell to let him go, but it was the best and I didn’t regret anything, to be with him had been the best thing in my life.

We had dinner and later we decided to watch a film. “You’re staying tonight, aren’t you?” He whispered into my ear when the credits were rolling on the screen.

I thought about it for a moment, knowing that it was going to be our last night together and of course I wanted to spend it with him, but it was going to make things more painful the next morning when we finally had to say our goodbyes. “Sure,” I replied because for staying with him another night, every pain was worthy.

He took my face and kissed me as I sneaked my arms to his neck and kissed him back. I loved him. I really did and that was why kissing him was so painful at the same time, because those kisses were counted, because our time had finally ran out.

* * *

“Morning, sleepy head,” I heard as lips touched the skin of my neck so softly. Warm arms were wrapped around my body, my bare back pressed tightly against a firm chest. Niall. I smiled with my eyes still shut.

“Morning,” I murmured cuddling more against him. I turned around so we could be face to face. He had his beautiful smile and his eyes were shining whilst we looked at each other. He stroked my cheek and I turned my head to kiss his palm feeling the beginning of a heartache. I knew it, I remembered it: it was our last day. “What time is it?” I asked so I could stop thinking about what was going to happen that day.