Chapter 33 ~ Together

Author's note: Oh my god... the official last chapter. It's finally here. This was so fast... I'm not prepare. I CAN'T!! Harry, explain my emotions right now (look at the sidebar). Thanks.

Now... please enjoy the chapter.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 33 ― Together

“Here you go, sweetie. Drink this, you’ll feel better.” Belle handed me a mug with tea and some pills. I had cried so much, like I never did before and that only showed how much I loved Niall and how insignificant my other relationships had been.

I took the mug and put it against my lips as I sipped the drink slowly. Earl grey, my favourite. Not too strong, not to soft. Just perfect and I loved the smell of bergamot. The tea did make me feel a bit better, at least physically, but I was still so ashamed of myself for what I’d done. “How am I gonna fix this?” I asked my friends who never left me alone, who hugged me until I soaked their t-shirts.

“Don’t worry. Everything will be fine. Niall loves you, that’s obvious. I’m sure if you tell him that now you understand you were wrong, everything will work out,” Phebs offered with a sweet and encouraging smile.

“But I don’t know when he’s back or if he will even hear me out. After what I did, why would he?”

“Why wouldn’t he?” Belle refuted. “He loves you, as much as you love him. You just have to talk to him. I’m sure everything’s gonna be fine,” she supported putting her hand on my shoulder. I breathed deep closing my eyes for a few seconds. I had to trust their words, I had to believe that everything was going to be perfectly fine, that Niall and I were going to fix this.

“When?” I asked still feeling weak. My two friends smiled at each other and that was like a lighting bolt of hope.

“That’s why I talked to Liam. They are coming back in six days and you’re gonna visit him as soon as he gets here.”

I was so grateful that I had them to help me out in this.

* * *

I was standing in front of his door. According to Liam, he was already in his flat, probably eating. I smiled at the picture of him eating whilst watching a game in my head. I had been there for over fifteen minutes but I couldn’t make myself knock his door. I was shaking and I had this horrible lump in my throat. It wasn’t only the fact that I was there to tell him how sorry I was, how much I missed him, how much I needed him in my life. I was going to see him after two weeks, the longest two weeks of my life. I missed him so much it hurt.

I took a deep breath and a step closer. I could hear Phebs and Belle in my head giving me strength to do this. I could do it. With a shaking hand, I knocked on his door three times and waited, my heart beating so fast it hurt in my ribcage.

Seconds never seemed so long like in that moment. I could swear that everything froze around me and there was only my beating heart and me, waiting for him to open the door. Then it cracked open and I almost had a heart attack, I couldn’t handle it! I was so nervous, so anxious, so scared.

The first thing I saw were his eyes, his blue and beautiful eyes that looked so empty. I saw surprise crossing his features as he opened the door wider. His stare on me all the time and I saw him open his mouth several times, incredulity over all the other emotions.

“Alex…” he whispered and I smiled weakly.

Oh God, how I missed him. I missed him so much and just seeing him made my heart go crazy. I wanted to jump over to him, hug him so tight that nothing could stand between us. I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to feel him close.