Chapter 4 ~ A concert

Chapter 4 ― A concert

The crowd was so loud, there were so many girls and a few boys, and all of them were wearing t-shirts of One Direction and holding signs. Some of them were hilarious, some of them disturbing. Whilst we waited for the concert to start, we entertained ourselves reading those signs. A group of girls caught my attention, they weren’t more than thirteen, but they surely were wearing more make up than me in one week. But that wasn’t the most disturbing part, one girl had a sign that said:

FATHER MY KIDS, ZAYN!

I mean, that little girl was eleven! She shouldn’t be thinking of kids! She should be thinking of dolls and how to have a tea party. I was doing that when I was that age. The other girl, she was thirteen for sure –I did the math–, had a sign that said:

FIVE MORE YEARS AND WE'RE LEGAL!!!

I was quite shocked and I didn’t know if I should’ve just laughed or gone there, hugged them and lectured them.

I felt so old.

With Belle we also held a bet on those girls. I said that the thirteen-year-old girl was going to cry first and Belle said that it was going to be the other. We were going to see it at the end.

Almost twenty minutes later, the lights dimmed, smoke started to come out and the screams were louder. On the screens, videos of the lads were been displayed and I started to get so excited, I was even jumping and clapping like one of those little girls. Suddenly I felt young again.

Music started to play and I recognised the song Na Na Na –hooray for me, I remembered the title of the song!– and I saw as the silhouettes of lads started to materialise in the middle of the dark. Suddenly all the lights burst and I almost went deaf. God, these girls had lungs!

Liam started to sing and all the girls sang along. All except me that only knew the chorus. Niall looked at me from the stage, his sweet smile and a little wave and I waved back smiling like an idiot. It had to be because I was in a sea of crazy fan girls, the pheromones were drowning me, but I felt like the luckiest girl in the world because Niall smiled at me.

At the chorus I joined the crowd and sang along with the lads, jumping and waving my hands in the air. Belle and Phebs were just like me, a bit more excited I would say, though. Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of their music, but I had to admit that they were very talented. They had so much energy on the stage, they jumped from one place to another, singing! I didn’t know how they managed to do that, when I played Guitar Hero I always ended up dead on my feet. These lads had so much stamina to do this over and over again for hours. I respected them so much more after their concert.

Song by song, I enjoyed the concert to the fullest. Every one of the boys waved and smiled at us in some moment and the three of us screamed so loud that I knew my throat was going to be badly sore the next day.

The lads said goodbye and the crowd literally cried. Well, many of them were already crying by that moment, tears of sheer happiness. As the place started to get empty I held my hand in front of Belle.

“You owe me twenty pounds, my friend. My girl cried first,” I reminded her and she pouted with puppy eyes. “No, don’t look at me like that. I want a new album.”

“I’ll pay you at home,” she promised and I nodded.

We had to stay there for a little more, a guard was supposed to pick us up to take us to the dressing room with the boys again. Not much later, this big guy appeared and asked us to follow him. We did, but I was ready to kick his arse if he tried anything that I wouldn’t like. But the guard did lead us to their dressing room were the lads were drinking and eating. As soon as they saw us, big smiles appeared on their faces and Louis ran towards us hugging the first of us: Phebs. My friend hugged him back and laughed with him. With Belle we walked towards the rest of the band and hugged them, too. I left Niall for the end and stayed at his side.