Chapter 10 ~ Niall's day

Chapter 10 ― Niall's day

    I woke up the next morning groaning and curling into myself. Quickly, I felt a pair of arms hugging me and I leaned on the person who was helping me. I immediately recognised her sweet perfume and those caring arms: my friend Phebs. “Shh, I’m here with you, it’s okay. Belle, her pills. Now!” She asked as I was still hugging her desperately. The pain was so strong that a few tears streamed down my face. I heard Belle running out of the room and soon she came back with a glass of water and my pills. There were a total of seven pills that were going to leave me in the clouds for the whole day. I swallowed them as fast as I could, begging for their quick effect. As we waited, Phebs was hugging me the whole time, cooing and rocking me softly. I truly felt like I was being torn apart from the inside. It was horrible. I hate it so much!

After what it seemed like an eternity, the pain faded away and I stopped twisting in Phebs’ arms. “Are you feeling better, sweetheart?” Belle asked and I nodded sighing. “Want some food? I’ll make breakfast today, so ask whatever you want.”

“Something sweet, please!” I begged and they looked a tad disgusted, but I knew they were going to please me even if they weren’t going to try it. I smiled widely and hugged them, starting to feel that need of love and cuddling.

“Okay, let’s go to the kitchen before the boys wake up,” Phebs added.

We were sleeping in Harry’s room, which was the cleanest and tidiest. As we could see the night before, Louis was a total mess. I still felt weak, but I could walk by myself whilst we were making our way to the kitchen. I sat there waiting for them to find all the ingredients to make a sweet breakfast for me. Obviously, they looked for something salty as well, for them and the boys. As the smell started to fill the flat, we heard the lads coming being guided by their nostrils.

“What is that wonderful smell?” Liam asked appearing in the kitchen. He hugged me as he was observing the two girls cooking. “Why are they cooking today?” He asked looking at me.

“They are spoiling me today,” I replied as he walked over to my friends to kiss them on their cheeks as well. I felt someone at my back and when I saw Niall and his messy hair, I just jumped to my feet and hugged him tightly. “Niall!” I shouted surprising him, but he recovered fast and hugged me back, he even gave me a kiss on my forehead. “Good morning,” I said smiling brightly and looking up at him. When I said I was a needy girl during my period I didn’t lie, I truly was and that day in particular I felt like I needed Niall by my side all the time. Only him. My pills got me high so I couldn’t care less about the complications that my needs could bring.

“Good morning. You’re in a great mood, I see,” he commented with an amused expression.

“She’s high,” Belle corrected and I giggled already feeling like a silly girl. I knew that when I was back to my normal self I was so going to regret this.

“High? Who is high?” Louis asked joining us in the kitchen. I smiled at him and pointed at myself to answer his question. I didn’t let go of Niall. “Wife? Why are you high? But most importantly, why are you high and I’m not?” I giggled burying my face in Niall chest. I knew he didn’t understand what was happening with me that day, but I didn’t want to explain it to him.

“She took some pills. Nothing bad, I promise. She needs them,” Phebs answered to my lovely husband.

“Are you ill, Alex?” Niall asked me taking my face in his hands. I shook my head, still smiling.

“It’s normal, you don’t have to worry, lads. It’s just for a couple of days and believe me, you’re gonna love her more. She is all sweet when she is high. We really enjoy her in this state,” Belle told them as a grumpy Harry appeared. Niall looked at me worried but I raised my hand and stroked his face without losing my smile, that surprised him but soon he smiled back at me.