Chapter 23 ~ Ethan Porter

Chapter 23 ― Ethan Porter 

I grabbed Niall’s hand trying to reassure him a bit. We were in front of my brother’s house and Niall was literally shaking. I thought it was quite adorable so I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. “Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fine!” I told him smiling but he’s still looked worried. “Oh, c’mon. I gave you the option to stay at the hotel. You wanted to come.”

“Ethan is great! You don’t have anything to worry about,” Phebs added putting her hand on his shoulder and squeezing gently.

“Stop moaning, it’s gonna be fine,” Belle said next to me and made her way to the door. We followed her, Niall never let go of my hand.

She rang the bell and seconds later the door opened and my brother popped up his head. I squeaked and ran to hug him forgetting about my friends and boyfriend there. I hadn’t seen my brother in forever, I couldn’t wait a second longer to hug him.

“Alex!” He exclaimed hugging me tight. “Oh God, how I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you, too!” I replied without letting him go. Just after a few moments I stepped back and let my friends say hello to my brother. Niall was still standing a few feet away and I approached him to take his hand. “Relax, it’s just my brother. He’s twenty-five! He’s a nice bloke, you’re gonna like him,” I promised smiling to encourage him. We walked together towards my brother who was glancing at us with one eyebrow raised. “Ethan, this is my boyfriend, Niall. He’s in the band we are on tour with.” I introduced the blond Irish guy.

“Nice to meet you,” my brother said with a serious expression and I wanted to punch him because I knew what he was doing: he was trying to intimidate Niall. “I’m Ethan Porter and you must know that if you break my little sister’s heart, I’ll break every bone in you body. Got it?”

I gasped and Belle and Phebs looked impressed. We had never heard Ethan saying something so… threatening. What was wrong with him? I saw Niall’s expression and how he went pale and swallowed hard. “I would never do that,” Niall promise. “If I do, I’ll break my own bones for you,” he offered and I looked at him surprised. Now, what was he doing? What was wrong with men that day?

My brother laughed and Niall frowned not understanding what was going on. Well, join the club, Niall!

“I like this lad,” Ethan stated looking at me with a bright smile. “A little bit extreme, but I like it. Come in!”

I stood there glancing at Ethan then Niall. I would never understand men’s minds. And then they said women were complicated. I shook my head and took Niall’s hand as we made our way into Ethan’s house. It was what you would expect from a man who lived alone. Very simple, a bit messy but clean, dark, plain colours, minimalist decoration, a huge telly in the living room, tons of food, and things like that. I really liked my brother’s house.

We sat on the sofa in the living room and I knew Niall was still a bit tense, so I kissed his cheek and whispered into his ear: “Don’t worry. He already likes you and even if he didn’t, I do like you, and very much.”

He met my eyes and a smile appeared on his sweet face. “And that’s all that matters.” I nodded and followed my brother to the kitchen for refreshments.

“So, how’s everything going?” He asked me and I smiled automatically.

“Great. The lads are amazing, I love them all and being part of the tour is just indescribable. We’re having so much fun!” I responded and he smiled at me, happy for me.