Chapter 17 ~ Zayn's confession

Chapter 17 ― Zayn's confession

     We were back from our day sightseeing Cardiff. We went to this wall where all these petitions asking for Torchwood were posted. I was going to tell my brother about that and show him the pictures I took. He was going to be green of envy.

Phebs threw herself to her bed whilst Belle went to the bathroom and I took my laptop. We were exhausted but we still had to go to the venue where the boys were performing and, personally, I needed something to bump me up so I thought about listen to some music. I pressed play to a random song and left it to run alone whilst I waited for Belle to come out of the bathroom.

I was lying on my bed and for a moment I allowed myself to think about Niall. I had forced myself to not think of him in the whole day, to forget about what he told me before leaving with Harry and all my feelings for him. I didn’t want to feel the way I did anymore, but I couldn’t help it, and it was so frustrating.

Suddenly, Trying Not To Love You by Nickelback started to play and I groaned. “Change that song!” I asked.

“What? Do you want me to change the song? But you like Nickelback and this song in particular,” Phebs commented impressed but I ignored her.

“Not today, not when I’m trying not to like Niall but I can’t help it because every time I see him I feel those stupid butterflies in my belly. Change it!” I asked again burying my face in my pillow, more frustrated than before.

“I still can’t believe that Niall doesn’t like you,” she mumbled standing up to change the song.

“Why not? It makes total sense. He’s a popstar who can have whoever he wants. Why would he want me? I’m no one!” I cried out disgusted with myself for my pity party, but screw everything! I was tired and moody.

“For many reasons, Alex,” she whispered and I just rolled my eyes and snorted. Soon Belle joined us and I could go to the bathroom, shower and then go to where the boys were already.

* * *

“Wife!” Louis screamed as he saw us walking into the dressing room. He ran towards us giving us hugs. “How was your day without me? Did you miss me?” he asked looking at me with his puppy eyes.

“Not a bit,” I replied with a big smile and he looked at me hurt. “It was great. I like Cardiff.” Belle and Phebs agreed with me as we walked to the sofa where Zayn and Harry were sitting. The other boys hugged us as well as we started to tell them the places where we went.

Unconsciously I looked for Niall’s eyes that were fixed on me the whole time. I wanted to stand up, go to him and ask him what he meant before, but I remained on the sofa with Harry next to me messing with my hair. He liked to separate the red locks from the others.

Paul came for them twenty minutes later saying it was time to prepare themselves before their performance. They said goodbye and followed the older man, but Zayn remained at the doorframe a bit longer, his eyes searching for mine. “Alex. I need to tell you something. Would you come with me a bit?” he asked and we looked at him a tad confused, but I rose to my feet and walked towards him. Together we made our way through the hall.

“C’mon, Zayn. Cheer up! You look so down,” I commented bumping softly against his shoulder.

“Alex,” he stopped suddenly. “I– I’m sorry. The other night when you told me you liked Niall, I wasn’t honest with you,” he blurted out without meeting my eyes.

My heart stopped for a second as my jaw hit the floor. Probably I just heard him wrong because I couldn’t understand why he would do something like that. “Zayn, what are you saying?”