Chapter 18 ~ Ballet

Follow me on twitter @BelWatson. You can ask for a follow back.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 18 ― Ballet

     After two successful concerts in Cardiff, the lads wanted to do something special for their last concert in that city, so they were going to play a new song; therefore they rented a studio and now they were rehearsing and, of course, the girls and I were there watching them.

I had to admit it: they were rather hilarious. I had to cover my eyes every time Zayn was trying to dance because I burst out laughing and that wasn’t nice of me. Liam defended him all the time, saying that he was training the boy. If it was like that, I didn’t want to see how he danced before.

What I did during the last couple of days was to remain in the friend zone with Niall, regardless my feelings for him. I wasn’t going to ask him what he felt about me and take the risk of losing him. Belle and Phebs looked at me reproachfully from time to time, but I ignored them because I was doing what I thought it was the best.

“Okay, lads. I think that’s enough for today,” an older man said and the boys stopped altogether with the music. “Tomorrow will meet here again for a last rehearsal before the concert. I think it’s gonna be okay. Good job, everyone!”

The boys cheered and went in different directions looking for bottles of water and towels. With the girls we clapped and smiled at them. “You did great!” Belle complimented them and all the boys smiled happily.

“Thanks!” Liam talked for everyone. “Wanna go somewhere later? We’re free now,” he suggested and we all grinned.

“Food!” Niall exclaimed and I seconded him. My belly was craving for food. “Let’s go to Nandos! Please, please, please!” he begged to Liam pulling his sleeve over and over again like a little kid.

“Sure,” Liam replied as a good parent and I just giggled. They could be so cute sometimes.

Niall started a happy dance and the rest joined him and that was the start for a moment of playing and laughing in the studio. I really liked where we were, it brought me sweet memories of a nice infancy. The polished floor, the shiny mirrors all over the place, the music room. I liked everything.

“So, in our minute of enlightenment of the day, Alex, please do tell us who is in your shirt?” Louis asked approaching to me with the microphone he was rehearsing with. He did the same every time I wore a t-shirt with a band I liked.

“Oh, today you’ll meet Within Temptation. I really like this band!” I replied running to the music room to plug in my iPod and select the album of the band. I hit play and let them listen to it as I went back to them. “So? Isn’t it incredible? I love her voice, it’s so powerful.”

All the boys –because my friends already knew the band– nodded in agreement, listening to the lyrics and the lovely voice of the singer. “It’s really good,” Zayn said looking at me.

Things still were a bit tense between us, but we were trying to go back to that point where we were before; but it was difficult when I knew his feelings. That was another reason for me not telling Niall about my feelings, because he wouldn’t treat me the same way after knowing that for me he wasn’t just a friend.

The rest of the boys agreed with Zayn and I smiled proudly. “Okay, I think we shall go. I’m starving! And I need a shower,” Liam talked for the group again.

“You go ahead. I’ll go for my iPod and I’ll catch up with you later,” I said smiling and all of them, including Belle and Phebs, nodded as they walked out of the room.