Chapter 27 ~ Public

Chapter 27 ― Public

My phone buzzed that night when we were watching an episode of Doctor Who with my brother, who was a real fan of that TV show. I liked it, but I wasn’t that obsessed. Though I had to admit I had a keen interest in Matt Smith. I took my phone out of my pocket and read Niall’s text.

From: Nialler <3 – We’re gonna do a twitcam! Miss you.

I smiled as I stood up and went for my laptop. Phebs stared at me wondering what I was up to and I just nodded so she would join me. It was impossible to make my brother turn off the telly when Doctor Who was on air, so I didn’t even bother with calling him. “The guys are doing a twitcam and want us to see them,” I told my friend as we sat at the table in the dining room with my laptop open. I used my twitter app and looked for a tweet of the guys with a link for the twitcam. Soon I found it and then five familiar faces appeared on my screen.

“And that’s how my carrots disappeared,” Louis was talking and glared at Niall murderously. I chuckled imagining what had happened. “Next time I’ll make you pay for eating my carrots, you little thief.” Niall just smiled and shrugged adorably.

“1Disallmylife asks if we’re going to America again,” Liam read one of the thousands of questions they were receiving. “Yes we are, soon.” I could imagine how all the American fans were screaming at that particular moment.

“AllllyStylinson asks who are the girls with us on tour right now,” Harry read offhandedly until he realised what he had said and his eyes shot wide open. Phebs and I tensed. We knew that the paparazzi knew the boys were accompanied by three girls, they had seen us, but the lads had refused to talk about that. “Um…they are, friends.” The curly-haired boy replied. I could see the faces of the boys and I immediately knew they were been bombarded with questions about us.

“Our friends don’t wanna be recognised, that’s why we can’t say who they are,” Liam stated and I sighed. They were going to protect us.

I went off full screen and looked at the chat with all the questions. There was a link and I had a bad feeling about it, but I clicked it anyway. It was a photo taken from afar with a mobile phone during this afternoon when we were leaving the bowling. Niall and I were holding hands and he was whispering something in my ear. As he was so close my face wasn’t recognisable but it was obvious that we weren’t just friends. Damn it.

The chat went crazy, all the fans guessing who I was and if I was truly dating Niall. I read all kind of comments.

Who is that bitch? Why is she holding hands with our Niall?

She is not for him! See how she looks?

Why someone like her would date Niall?

It’s obvious they are not dating. They are nothing alike.

She looks like a delinquent.

And more comments like that popped up on the screen. I looked at the twitcam as the guys tried to make the fans talk about other things, but I could see Niall’s expression and I knew he was reading the comments as well and he wanted to do something.

I always knew the fans would react that way, it was obvious and next to Niall I did look like a delinquent. I felt Phebs’ arms around me and I breathed in. I wasn’t going to let girls I didn’t know and that were only judging me by how I looked to bring me down. I was strong and I felt good being myself. Niall liked me and that was the only thing that should matter, the fans weren’t in our relationship.