Epilogue ~ All I need

Epilogue ― All I need
A few months later...

“Ugh! I can’t do this. I can’t! I quit now, I’ll dig a hole and I’ll bury myself alive. Yes, that’s what I’m gonna do. Flawless plan,” I stated throwing my arms in the air.

I was literally freaking out and I felt like a silly girl. Nothing I chose to wear seemed okay, everything looked inappropriate. I was dead nervous, shaking like a Chihuahua and Belle and Phebs were laughing at me. They weren’t helping much! 

I was going to meet Niall’s family for New Year’s and I had this humongous knot in my belly and it was so horrendous that I hadn’t eaten in the whole day. That had never happened before! I was made a mess, it was miserable to behold.

“Relax, Alex. Everything’ll be fine,” Phebs told me trying to hold back her laughter but it was hard. They found my state very amusing.

“No. Nothing’s gonna be fine! They’re gonna hate me, they’ll think I’m some sort of criminal and that I’m corrupting their child!” I cried out pulling out my hair. Why didn’t I just dye it all black?

“That’s not true. If you make Niall happy, and you do, they will be happy too. That’s what families do. Plus, Niall told you not to worry, his mum already loves you!” Belle added and I just groaned like a dying animal. I had no hope, I was just sure they were going to hate me.

Phebs stood up and walked towards me, a sympathetic look on her face. “Alex, calm down. You have to be yourself, don’t try to hide what you are and if for some weird reason they don’t like you, Niall does and that’s all that matters at the end,” she told me.

I sighed deeply, fighting to calm down as Phebs told me, but it was so hard. I was bloody scared. However, she was right. Niall loved me as much as I loved him and that was what really mattered. I was in a relationship with him, not his family. I had to keep that in mind.

I took another deep breath and hugged Phebs for helping me even though she was laughing moments before. Belle also stood up and joined the hug. I would be lost without my friends.

I pulled away and went to change one more time. I picked black skinny jeans, a t-shirt of The Scripts and a grey baggy jumper. My combat boots, of course. I wouldn’t feel myself without them. I didn’t apply much eyeliner and Belle braided my hair Katniss’ style. When I looked in the mirror, I looked like myself and I felt comfortable.

I just hoped they wouldn’t hate me.

* * *

Niall picked me up and we went to the airport. Already on the plane, I was still shaking and he noticed it. “It’s gonna be fine, Alex. They’ll love you!” He said but I still had the knot in my stomach. “That’s what you told me when I met Ethan, remember?” He added and I sighed. Now I understood him perfectly. It was terrible to meet the family of the person you were with.

“But I’m gonna meet all your family. Your mum, dad and brother! It’s not the same! It’s three times worse, Niall!” I complained and he laughed. He laughed at my disgrace!

“You’ll be fine,” he repeated leaning in to peck my lips. “They’re clever and they’ll see what a great girl you are.”

“I just hope they don’t disinherit you because of me,” I trailed off and he laughed even harder.

“You’re so silly sometimes. I love you,” added Niall with a beautiful smile before kissing me properly that time.

“I love you, too,” I told them still brushing his lips softly. I had to remind myself that it was all that mattered. Nothing else.