Chapter 13 ~ Harry's day

Chapter 13 ― Harry's day

    The next day I woke up in the same bed as Phebs curling into a ball again due to the pain I was feeling. Oh, how I hated these days, I could never sleep well and I just wanted to cry each morning. So far, this was the worse pain I had felt; I could only moan and cry silently. My blonde friend woke up and hugged me immediately knowing that the third day was always the worst of all.

“Shh, everything’s gonna be fine,” she promised, rocking me softly. I was still crying. “Belle! The pills!” She called out to the black-haired girl who woke up too and ran to get my pills and a glass of water. I could hardly move; even breathing was painful. Seriously, I wanted to pass out. “Here, Alex, take these and you’ll be better,” Phebs asked and I knew she was right, but I couldn’t move at all.

“Help,” I whispered without voice, hating my luck for having such a horrible period.

Phebs helped me swallow my pills and kept rocking me whilst I carried on crying. After and hour or so, we heard someone knocking on our door in the hotel room. I was still in pain, but I stopped crying and I could move again, but I felt more unstable than ever, and so needy. I wanted a hug so bad, and no any kind of hug. No. I wanted a Niall hug.

“Come in,” Belle replied, and soon five boys were in our room looking at us with big smiles, at least until they saw me with my red eyes and being held by Phebs like I was going to break in any moment.

“Alex, you okay?” Niall asked walking towards the bed where I was, his eyes filled with concern.

“Kinda,” I replied in a whisper. “Not feeling quite well yet.” He sat next to me. I couldn’t help it and threw myself in his arms. He hugged me immediately and stroked my hair. I buried my face in his chest, letting his scent fill and embrace me, being a better cure to my pain than my pills. Phebs used that opportunity to get up and go to the bathroom.

“Do you need anything?” Zayn asked, situating himself next to us and patting my back. I shook my head softly. I just needed Niall in that moment.

“Oh, poor Alex,” Harry commented getting closer. “But don’t worry, as today is my day, you’ll have everything you need and all the cuddles in this world,” the curly-haired boy promised and I looked up at him to give him a sweet and grateful smile. I honestly wanted to stay where I was, but I already told them that this day was Harry’s, so I couldn’t just run to Niall and forget about that.

“I will need more cuddles than ever,” I warned and he smiled cheekily, as if he could take whatever they threw at him. “Okay, but I don’t wanna move yet.” I added not only because I still was in pain, but also because Niall was hugging me and nothing could feel better in that moment.

Oh, I was made such a pussy.

* * *

We were in the bus going to the next city on the tour and I was in Harry’s arms, who kept playing with my hair, trying to find all the red threads in my head. I was reading Insurgent after talking non-stop to Phebs about Divergent and about how much I loved the book and Four and how Dauntless I was meanwhile she was a complete Amity. All looked at us like we were crazy, but we were so happy in that moment. I really wanted to read the book in my hands, but every time I read the name Tobias I got depressed, but it wasn’t his fault, it was mine because I couldn’t stop thinking about my previous relationships and why they failed.

I closed the book and curled more into Harry, feeling my eyes filling with tears. I kept thinking of Marcus, and Jeremy, and Carl, and Nick; thinking of how all of them broke my heart at some point. I always thought they liked me, cared about me, but at the end it was always me the only one who was really into the relationship.