Chapter 26 ~ Goodbye, Belle

Chapter 26 ― Goodbye, Belle 

I actually didn’t order everything… they didn’t let me, and by they I meant the crew of the restaurant. Though I got loads of food that I had to share even if I didn’t want to because everyone wanted to try a bit. After that, we went playing bowling and I sucked at it. Plain and simple like that. I made just one strike and it was because I was just messing around, trying to imitate Louis. Needless to say that I made a whole happy dance and I was followed by Louis, Harry and Niall. I didn’t let Zayn join, though, I didn’t want to die laughing at him.

“You should help me with him!” Liam proposed very eagerly and I stopped my happy dance.

“What?” I stood there whilst Louis and Harry kept dancing, Niall also stopped.

“Yeah! You’re a great dancer and we all know Zayn needs help.”

“Oi!” The dark-haired boy protested frowning at us. “You say it like I’m a hopeless case.”

“Close,” Louis laughed and Zayn looked at him indignantly. “But we still love you, you know.” I laughed as I walked towards the poor boy and gave him a hug.

“Do you want me to help you?” I asked him with my arms still around his waist.

With Zayn things were still a tad bit awkward, but in order to go back to that great point in our friendship, we had to work on it. I thought he was getting over his feelings for me, but he could still be confused. Maybe this was a good idea to know for sure, or maybe it was a bad idea. I didn’t know. That was why I hoped he understood the real meaning of my question: ‘Do you think it’s a good idea to spend that much time together, helping you to dance? Can you handle it?’

He stared into my eyes for a few seconds and finally smiled. “No need. Liam is helping me and it’s not like I need to improve now. We’re not dancers, we are singers.”

He understood and he wasn’t ready yet. I let him go as I stepped back with a smile. It wasn’t the time to be overly friendly with him. I nodded grateful because he was trying to kill all kind of awkwardness and other kind of feelings that weren’t meant for just friends.

“Maybe later,” I added and he nodded. We knew the real meaning of our words better.

A couple of arms hugged me from behind and I immediately rested my body against his chest because I recognised his scent, the way those arms wrapped me. He kissed me in the neck as I heard someone shrieked.

“Get off your naughty hands of my wife!” Oh, Louis…

“Never! She’s mine!” Niall fought back and I just laughed. Louis squeaked like a girl faking shock. “She likes me the most!” I saw my brother laughing at us for the corner of my eye and I just shrugged. ‘Told ya they were crazy,’ I mouthed and he laughed even more. Indeed they were crazy, but I loved them.

“Tell him it’s not true, wifey!” Lou requested stepping closer and grabbing my hand. “Tell him you love me.”

“Louis… I’ve told you this before. Our story is over, I’m with Niall now.” I didn’t have to see to know that Niall stuck his tongue out at the older boy. “I’m asking you to sign the pap–”

“But I have a Porsche!” He interrupted me and I forgot my argument.

“Come again?” I asked, my eyes wide open. “I’m your wife and I don’t know this?” I saw the girls laughing at us.

“You were right!” Louis told Ethan turning around to face him and gave him a thumbs up. “She’d want me for my car.” I looked at my brother shocked. He laughed and shrugged. “So,” Louis faced me again. “Do you still want me to sign the papers?”