Chapter 19 ~ Our first date

Chapter 19 ― Our first date

  “So what were you two doing out there?” Liam asked raising his eyebrows and with an evil grin. I looked at Harry sternly and from the corner of my eye I saw a quite sad Zayn.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE CHEATING ON ME!! AND WITH NIALL!” Louis cried out running towards me and pulling me into a bear hug. I choked a bit. “Why? Is it because he has Irish accent?”

“Louis, you don’t want to know. Plus, HOW DARE YOU? You, who cheats on me with an official girlfriend! You unfaithful bastard!” I cried back faking being hurt.

“You know I love you,” he pouted but I just looked away.

“Our story’s over, Boo Bear. You have to accept that and let me go,” I said solemnly feeling like a damn philosopher.

“Never! I’ll get your love back!” He promised holding me by the shoulders and shaking me a bit. I exploded in a fit of laughter and soon all the boys and girls laughed along at our dramatic scene. I said it before, we should be in a soap opera.

“I caught Alex dancing, that’s what it took us so long,” Niall replied and I turned at him with my eyes wide open.

“That’s not what I saw,” Harry commented offhandedly and I wanted to punch him in the middle of the face. With a chair.

“She’s incredible! You have to see her. I tried to convince her to dance for us, but she doesn’t want to!” The blond pouted.

“Way to get her, Nialler!” Harry teased him and I saw Niall blushing.

“No, but seriously, she is incredible,” he repeated and all the boys’ eyes were on me. I groaned internally hating that much attention.

“Alex used to dance ballet,” Belle, the traitor, told the boys. “She was incredible, the best in our class, but she quitted. I didn’t know you still danced.”

“I don’t.” Niall rolled his eyes. “I was just goofing around because the song was great. Besides, I fell when I landed after a lift, so I’m not great anymore. Niall is exaggerating.”

“We have to see,” Liam stated and I groaned again. “Please, dance for us tomorrow.”

“No! I told Niall I wasn’t going to dance for anyone, so don’t insist. Now let’s go, I’m hungry!” I protested going ahead.

I wasn’t good at it anymore and besides, dancing hurt me because I used to love it so much but I couldn’t keep doing it. Now that was part of my past and I didn’t want to dig in it.

As I was walking, soon an arm slid around my waist and I could feel a warm body next to me. “I’m sorry,” he whispered and I recognised his smell and accent immediately. “I just think you’re great and you shouldn’t remain in the shadows. You have talent, Alex.”

“But I don’t have the body and I would never have. You can see it, Niall, I’m curvy, I’m not skinny and I love food, I eat like a truck driver. I can’t be a ballerina anymore, even if I want to.”

“Okay. I won’t push you on that. Let’s go to Nandos and let’s be happy!” I laughed with him and hugged him back resting my head on his shoulder. I heard a chorus of awws at our back and I blushed, but I didn’t move back, I liked where I was too much, next to Niall.

I grinned as I remembered what had happened in the studio, what he told me and how close we were. I couldn’t believe that he still liked me and that we were going on a date. I had to tell the girls! They were going to be so happy. Probably I was going to get several ‘I-told-you-so’s but I didn’t care, I was too happy.