capítulo número treinta y cuatro ; la promesa

Au Pair

All Rights Reserved

© 2017 Luna Black

~*~

My legs burned. It was a mixture of the physical strain I was putting on them with swimming with a heavy dress and the salt water rubbing against my freshly waxed legs.

My eyebrows were experiencing the same amount of pain, but I would have rather endured that for awhile rather than being in the boat another second longer.

The water was freezing and extremely dark. I couldn't even see my hands and part of me was extremely terrified of being eaten by a shark or stung by a jellyfish.

However, I couldn't focus too much on those fears when I kept pushing through the water.

I couldn't breathe properly. Salt water rushed into my lungs and fire began to spread through my chest, but I simply coughed and kept forcing my arms against the water.

It was dark outside, too. The moon was shining bright and full in the sky, but the light wasn't bright enough to alleviate my fears.

I finally reached the pier, holding unto the wooden stand to support myself as I dragged my feet out of the water.

The dress pooled around my waist, leaving my breasts totally exposed and I shivered uncontrollably as I walked out of the water.

My teeth chattered and I tried to squeeze my arms in a feeble attempt to regain feeling in them. Once I could breathe a little more properly, I grabbed the skirts of the dress and tried my best to run up the sand and further away from the water.

Thankfully it was night and the sand was cool because walking barefoot in the sizzling hot sand was not one of the things I wanted to check off my bucket list.

The beach was totally isolated. No one walked by and no stores seemed to be opened. I whimpered, blinking as the wind began to caress my already cold skin.

A sob wrecked through my chest as all the adrenaline that fuelled me died out. I trembled in fear and total amazement that I had killed Mikhail so easily. I had escaped from him and that's all I cared about.

My heart ached in my chest, twisting in a different array of emotions and I cried all the tears I had held back during the days I was imprisoned.

All the emotions that I ever experienced, shook through me. Pain, anger, sadness, happiness, but most of all fear. I was away from Ulysses and Mikhail, but I was still expecting them to walk out from the shadows and drag me back to the sex trafficking ring.

I heard a group of people laughing loudly by and I realised that I didn't recognise the language they spoke. They could have been tourists, but my brain registered everything as being in a different country.

Another sob shook through my body and I ran away. They could have taken me back to Ulysses. To someone like Mikhail.

The police could have been in on it, so I couldn't go straight to them. I'd have to go to a hospital. I needed to be treated for all the water in my system and the other fücked up shït that could be wrong with my body.

I walked out to the main road, trying to hold my body together with my arms and looked around, searching for any sign of medical help.

A slightly deranged happy laugh bubbled past my lips as I looked at the large building with the red media cross on the side and began making my way to it.

My body was exhausted, my brain was terrified of all the shadows lurking in the allies and I couldn't stop shaking in fear.

I groaned, resting my hand against a brick building as I heaved out. My eyes watered and my knees buckled weakly. My mouth tasted like salt water and vomit, it was the grossest feeling ever.