capítulo número treinta y siete ; el comienzo

Au Pair

All Rights Reserved

© 2017 Luna Black

~*~

Much to my dismay, we did not get to keep the handcuffs.

The moment we were inside the jail cell, the officer locked the gate and uncuffed us. The cell was big enough for the entire party that was being charged for "public misconduct," but they quickly realised that my family and I couldn't be in the same space without trying to kill each other.

There was a bench in front of the cement wall and Luca led us toward it, pulling me down with him to sit. I quickly snuggled up to him and raised my legs to put them on the bench.

He didn't say anything and I didn't ruin the silence.

I was overwhelmed with emotions and I didn't know how to express them, so naturally, I laughed the entire way here. Luca just shook his head and quietly laughed at me, finding my boisterous giggles amusing. I knew I looked crazy, but I couldn't help myself.

I was happy, extremely so. I could burst, even.

I had ruined my family's reputation and the chances of them regaining them were zero to none. It made my heart flutter in absolute happiness. Not to mention, that I was with the man of my dreams and he stood by me, even when I acted extremely unladylike.

I still had a chunk of Veronica's hair in my hand when we went inside the police station and when we walked by their cell, I threw it at her, cackling evilly. It was extremely childish of me, but when I heard her sobbing over her ripped weave, I couldn't help but keep laughing.

Knowing that I had brought them down to their lowest helped me cope with the possible nights that Luca and I would spend in jail. We hadn't been processed yet or added to the system, the cops were too busy running some paperwork, so they just shoved us in our cells and kept us waiting.

Once my high of emotions went away, I was left with a clear head. I was able to process everything that had happened that night and realise that I felt free. Like my life had come to a full circle; I had gotten closure.

Luca wrapped an arm over my shoulders and pulled me toward him. His free hand reached over to fully hold me in a side hug and he rested his chin on my head as he caressed my arms gently. His hand rubbed up and down my arm, absentmindedly and sweetly, almost as if he were trying to comfort me.

Tears began to well in my eyes as the emotions became too much to bear. The laughter had died out and now I couldn't help myself but cry. The tears were silent and I didn't let out any sobs, I just sniffled.

I wiped the back of my hand against my cheeks and Luca tensed, placing his hand on my chin to pull it upward.

"Cariño," he frowned, rubbing his thumb against my tears, "what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I let out a goofy laugh, sniffling as I blinked through my tears and I shrugged. "Nothing's wrong; I'm just hormonal as hell."

He pulled me closer, kissing my forehead and muttered, "Don't be sad. I hate seeing you upset."

"I'm not," I sniffled, trying to wipe my face clean, "I'm so happy I could burst."

"Then, why are you crying?"

I shrugged, breathing in deeply as I laid my head against his chest. Thank god for waterproof makeup. "I just...I love you." He smiled as he kissed my forehead. "I love you so much and I just realised right now how much my life has changed because of you."