capítulo número treinta y seis ; la hipocresía

Au Pair

All Rights Reserved

© 2017 Luna Black

~*~

Two weeks in therapy didn't cure me right away – I wasn't expecting it, too. But I also wasn't expecting to see such an improvement in everything happening in my life.

Talking to Dr. Evers was amazing. She was understanding and sweet, and didn't make our appointments feel clinical. It was like spilling my darkest secrets to someone that would keep them quiet.

Taking that extra step for help really improved everything. It wasn't just my relationship with Luca. Although there wasn't much to fix, since he was extremely close to perfect. But everything in my past stopped hurting me as much little by little.

It felt amazing talking to someone that didn't know my past, just listen and not have me worry about their perception of me changing. I didn't care if Dr. Evers thought differently of me, but the things I told her, I couldn't exactly tell Luca.

I worried that if I told him of all the miserable things I went through with my mother – detail by detail, he would treat me like I was a fragile porcelain doll. I didn't need that. I didn't want him to worry more than he already was.

The past two weeks had been a little calmer than when we first arrived to New York. Luca returned to his normal working routine and I spent most of my time sorting through all the piles of clothes and things I had back at the apartment.

Most of the furniture I donated to Goodwill and Salvation Army. As for my clothes, I got rid of most of them. I took most to the stores, for the less fortunate, but I figured that not many would want to be dressed the way I had.

I wasn't entirely changing my look. I would still dress in dark colours and in leather; I would just do it for Luca. My sessions with Dr. Evers helped me realise that physically I was trying to mimic what Veronica had been in high school. My personality was mine, not hers, but the clothes weren't entirely me.

I wanted to dress the way I used to, in blouses and pencil skirts. The corsets and the lace, I'd leave inside the room. It wasn't that I cared about what people said of me; it was that I cared what they said about Luca.

He assured me he loved me, regardless, but knowing that people glanced at him sideways for being with someone that dressed a little more revealing than the usual woman they were accustomed to, made my blood boil.

So, in order to avoid embarrassing anyone in public by whooping ass, I decided to dress a little more conservatively; more their style.

Currently, I was going through my camera rolls with Toby curled up on my lap. Luca was sitting on the couch, answering emails and researching some information on the stock market. Since I was on the floor, he would occasionally reach over and brush his fingers through my hair.

I'd grin and bite his hand until he yelped out in pain. He was a closet-masochist because he'd do it often and the more he did it, the harder I bit him.

Luca let out a disbelieving laughing, making me look up at him confused. "You've got to be fücking kidding me."

I frowned and placed my camera on the floor. Toby stirred on my lap, stretching out her little paws and stared up at me with tired green eyes. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

He gritted his teeth, running his fingers through his hair and breathed in deeply. "When I hacked your mother's account, I made sure to add a tracking software, so that whenever there is any activity of any kind, it will notify me right away."