16. Ride

@CherrieBlossoms
_____

She waits outside. Her mind is roaming wondering about the game. Wondering about the way many things have changed since she first started playing.

"Stupid car," she hears Karin yell.

She walks toward her friend. "What happened?"

"I don't know, but either we'll have to catch a ride with someone else or we're walking home," Karin answers. "Hinata!"

The girl turns around to see Hinata walking.

"Yes," she answers.

"Do you think you could give us a ride home? My car broke down," Karin asks.

"I-I don't know. I came to school with Suigetsu, I can ask him if you want."

"Can you? Please?"

Hinata nods. "C'mon."

They follow Hinata across the parking lot.

"Suigetsu," she says, "can you drop my friends home? They're car broke down."

He nods. "Get in. I have a friend who's good with cars I can ask him to fix your car if you want."

"Really? That'd be great," Karin exclaims.

"I'll need your keys."

"What?"

"He won't be able to look at it for another hour or two and relax I won't steal your keys. Hinata will be supervising us."

"Fine," Karin hands over her keys.

"So how close are you and Hinata?" Sakura asks.

"We've known each other for a few years," Suigetsu answers.

"Really? Hinata's never mentioned you."

"I'm curious how did the two of you meet?" Karin says.

Suigetsu tightens his grip on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white.

"I'd rather not talk about it," he says, "the circumstances in which we met aren't exactly the best."

Sakura and Karin nod.

The rest of the ride was spent quiet with Sakura occasionally telling Suigetsu which way to go.

"Bye and thank you," Sakura says once they reached her house.

"No problem," Suigetsu grins, "your car will be fixed in a couple of hours, Hinata and I'll drop it off later."