77. The Things I do for You

@lostsouls
_____

The pain continues for a while longer. His eyes are slowly turning back to their original black color and the marks across his body are slowly receding to form the curse mark in his shoulder.

He's taking deep breaths and his heart is racing.

"So much pain."

He takes a seat at the same spot he was at before. He knows that Konan didn't want to activate all four brandings, after all they are close.

"Honestly," Konan sighs, "I don't know why I do the things I do for you."

He hears Suigetsu snorts, "You do nothing but hurt us!"

He's dizzy and he can't think straight. The pain is still playing with his senses.

The pink haired girl next to him softly asks him, "Are you alright?"

He nods.

His head is beginning to hurt and the rather loud argument going around him is not helping it.

He blinks a few times before croaking out a single name, "Konan," he thows up.

"Shit," he hears her mutter.

She hands him a pill and he wastes no time in swallowing it.

"What the fuck did you do to him?" Suigetsu yells.

"Relax," Konan answers before turning to Sasuke, "headache?"

He nods in response.

"Sorry," Konan says.

Everyone in the room—aside from Sasuke—looks at her with distrust.

His headache is cured instantaneously. "They were watching weren't they?" he asks.

Konan nods her head. "Yeah, you know what'll happen if they see me acting all lovey dovey with everyone here."

"They're gone now?" Sasuke asks.

"Yeah."

"I'm confused," Naruto says and everyone silently agree with him.

"Konan's good," Sasuke says, "she's a friend and has helped us throughout the game."

"How has she helped us?" Shikamaru questions, "She's a devil."

"She's the one who brought you and Choji back from the dead," Sasuke explains, "and she's the one to keep the game from getting a whole lot worse than it already is."