29. Ghost

@Byakugan
______

Confusion is etched on his face. His hands are shaking and his eyes dart all over his room. He can't focus. He can't concentrate.

"Am I going insane? Do I miss her that much...or is it guilt?"

He needs hit something. He needs to yell; to let everything out.

"How? How?"

He wants answers, but doesn't know how to get them.

"What the hell is going on? What's happening to me?"

He runs his hands through his hair and then begins to pull at the strands.

He's going crazy, that's probably it.

His leg is bouncing up and down, his brow furrowed in confusion. He's thinking of the possibilities, of what could be happening to him.

It doesn't make sense, but then again nothing ever makes sense.

He knows that he saw her this morning. He shouldn't have been able to see her. It was impossible. She's been gone for six years.

It doesn't make sense and its driving him to the edge of his sanity.

His phone dings, but he ignores it.

Knock. Knock.

He doesn't answer and the person who knocked doesn't wait for an answer, but instead walks in right after knocking the door.

"Are you alright, Neji?" she asks, "what happened?"

"I'm fine," he tensely replies.

"You're shaking. You look like you just saw a ghost," concern laces her voice, "you are not fine."

"I saw her this morning," his eyes are closed and his breathing is ragged.

"Who?" she tilts her head, her hair falling into her eyes.

"Hinata."

"B-But that's impossible! She died over six years ago!" her eyes widened.

"Hanabi. I saw her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I was walking by the park this morning and I saw her," he opens his eyes only to close them again, he can just picture this mornings events and how she looked so different and the same at the same time, since he last saw her years ago. Her hair was longer...but her eyes...her eyes...they were still the same. "She was with someone else."

"Do you know who?"

"She was with a boy who had died when he was seven."

"Who?"

"Sasuke Uchiha."