51. Ghosts

@Sharingan
_____

He stares at the photo.

"You alright?" his friend asks.

"Huh?" he says, "oh. It's nothing Shisui."

"It's about Sasuke, isn't it," Shisui guesses.

Out of the corner of his eye he sees Shisui stand up and walk towards him. Shisui places a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"You miss him," Shisui says.

"No shit sherlock," the memories of his little brother keeps flooding his brain; haunting him.

"What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't he just get out of my head?"

"Wanna talk about it?" Shisui asks.

"No."

Shisui sighs. "I'm going to get some water, want something?"

He shakes his hand, "No thanks."

Shisui's hand leaves it's place on Itachi's shoulder and he leaves the room.

That's when he lost it. His mask fell down as soon as Shisui left and the tears started to fall. He misses his little brother more than ever now.

He wants Sasuke to come back. He wishes the little boy had never killed himself.

His eyes are closed and he feels a hand on his face, wiping his tears.

"I'm fine, Shisui."

Instead of the hands going away, they continue to wipe the tears. Itachi opens his eyes, annoyed with Shisui.

Shisui wasn't the one wiping his tears, it was someone else.

"Holy fucking shit!" he yells, "holy fucking shit!" he moves away from the figure and trips, falling onto the floor.

"Sasuke..."

"How?" he whispers. "Sasuke?"

The little boy in front of him nods and gives a small smile.

Itachi let's out a small laugh, "I knew it. I'm going insane."

Shisui bursts through the door, "I heard a crash what—" Shisui's eyes land on Sasuke. "Fucking shit! It's a ghost!"

"You see him too?" Itachi says.

Shisui numbly nods in response and walks to Itachi's side.

The little boy makes his way towards the duo. "I missed you guys," he confesses.

"Sasuke..." they both whisper together.

Itachi looks over his little brother. He still looked the same as when he left. Same height same hair same everything.

"How?" Itachi chokes out. "How and why are you here?"

"I missed you," Sasuke says, "you're not allowed to know the how."

"Are you alright?" Shisui asks. "You—did you go to heaven or hell or what happens when you die."

"Don't worry about it," Sasuke assures with a smile.

Itachi watches as Sasuke looks toward the flickering candle across the room.

"Bye," he says.

"Wait," Itachi's says, "can't you stay. Mother would like to see you as well."

"I miss mother," the little boy confesses, "but Kusanagi is coming for me and I have to go."

"Who's Kusanagi?" Shisui asks.

"No one," Sasuke says, "he's a sword. I have to go. Bye."

"Wait—" Itachi begins, but Sasuke is already gone before he could finish his sentence.