78. Goodbye

"I will never say sorry, for "sorry" is just is nothing but a word. Instead I'll do everything I can, just to prove that I am truly deeply sorry."
— perfectlyinsane-
//////

@lostsouls
_____

"I know I'm a killer. I've killed countless people and for that I am truly sorry, but I won't say sorry, for that is nothing but a word. I would try to prove I'm sorry, but I can't 'cause I don't know how.

"How can you say sorry for killing a person. Surely, you can't just walk up to them and say you're sorry. That just doesn't make any sense. That us insanity.

"Sanity . . . that is something that I don't have. It's something I lack and in a way I'm grateful for that, for those who are sane can not be trusted. I hate the sane.

"They think of us insane people as mental, but in reality we're the smartest if them all. Enough about that. I need to think about the topic at hand: sorry.

"Goodbye.

"Where'd that thought come from. How the fuck did I go from sorry to goodbye. Man . . .
I sound like I'm about to kill myself. At least I remember where that goodbye came from.

"Goodbye mother, Itachi, father, Sakura. I may have only seen Itachi and Shisui fusing my stay here on Earth, but it's time for me to depart. I can't see mother or father until she dies, for if I do Kusanagi will punish me severely and that will cause mother to worry.

"I'm sorry Sakura for making your life miserable. I know how much this game affected you. It changed your life so much. Abuse, rape, fame, and a whole lot more.

"Our game is over. And because Konan stopped our plan our game is over. She was the one to end our game—to end everyone's game. Jūgo will not be returning with us to Hell. His game with Kimimaro ended when our game needed. 

"I'd write this on a letter, but I'm afraid the moment I pick up a pencil I'll forget the words.

"This is my sorry. This is my goodbye. The others and I didn't complete the game the way we were told to and for that we'll be taking back our place in Hell."

"Goodbye and I am truly deeply sorry."

______
Whole chapter is told from
Sasuke's thoughts.