49. Anniversary

@Sharingan
_____

He watches from afar as his other places a set of flowers onto the grave.

He slowly walks up to her and places a hand on her shoulder, "You okay?"

"It's my fault," she whispers, tears rolling down her face.

"It's not," he reassures her.

"It is!" she yells, "it's my fault he's dead."

"It's not," he reassures her once more and pulls her into a hug.

She trembles in his hold, "I-I miss him so much."

He doesn't say anything as she continues to cry. "He was so young. God, I just wish I could see him once more even if it's just for a second."

He does nothing as she continues to cry. Memories that he doesn't want to think about surface.

__

"Itachi! You promised," the litte boy whined.

"Maybe later," he answers, giving a little poke to his forehead.

__

"Let's go outside, Sasuke," he says to the little boy.

"No!" Sasuke yells.

"Why not?"

"Too cold," Sasuke says shaking his head. "Too cold."

"He's so strange. He loves the fire and loves watching lightning strikes and when most kids would love to play in the snow, he absolutely despises the idea of anything cold," he thinks.

___

"Sasuke don't touch that, it's hot," Itachi says, watching as Sasuke's hand makes it's way closer to the candles flame.

Sasuke pauses momentarily before saying, "Okay..."

"Neji is coming over later," Itachi says looking at the little boy's defeated look.

"Okay."

"Why does he love fire so much," he thinks.

___

"Today marks the anniversary of Sasuke Uchiha's death. he died thirteen years ago. May you rest in peace little brother."

His grip on his mother tightens and he wishes that his memories weren't so vivid. He feels like crying, but doesn't want to. So he keeps his tears suppressed underneath his emotionless mask.