33. Mother

@PaperWings
(12 years ago)
_____

She can see the little boy, but he can't see her. She wants to cry for him, to reach out to him. She wants to help him. What happened to Sasuke is something that shouldn't happen to anyone.

It hurts her when she thinks about all of the pain he has gone through now and before. She watches as the blood on his face drips onto the ground. She wants to clean his cuts. Minutes after arriving in Hell, he received his first beating.

She wants to tell him that everything will be alright, but that's a lie. She doesn't understand why he's in Hell. When most all kids who die at his age are sent to heaven.

Sasuke is the first child to have been sent to Hell.

"Why is he here? He probably didn't know what he was doing before."

It's hard for her to picture the little boy's death.  This kid on front of her is about to live the rest of eternity in immense pain and torture.

She makes her way into the torture room where the little boy is kept.

"Would you like to see something cool?" she asks him.

He nods.

She reaches behind her back and pulls out a paper crane. She lightly taps the crane and it begins to dance, going this way and that.

"They say if you fold a thousand of these and make a wish, the wish will come true," she says.

She smiles as the boy's eyes light up.

"Your mother is fine," she tells him, "but she and the rest of your family miss you."

"They do?" he asks.

"Why wouldn't they?"

"Because father mostly ignores me and he likes Itachi better. Mother is always nice and big brother...well...Itachi is always there, but at the same time he's not," he tries to explain.

"Do you know why you're here," she asks.

"I did something very bad."

Her eyes widen. "So he does know that what he did was bad."

"Can you tell me why you did it?" she asks.

Sasuke nods. "It was the only way. Mother and me went through the door, but the bad peoples kept chasing us so I went back inside and I took of the green thingie and pulled it. If I didn't do that then Mother would've died too and the bad peoples would be free."

"So, he killed himself and twenty-three others with a grenade."

"I still feel bad for killing all those people. Are the people I killed okay?"

"But you killed yourself in the process."

He nods. "But not that many people would miss me. I'm not special like Itachi. I'm nobody," he smiles, "so it's okay."

"They miss you a lot," she says sadly.

"But they're okay and mother isn't hurt, so I'll be okay too," he smiles, "why are you nice to me while the others want to hurt me?"

She gives him a light peck on his forehead. "'Cause you don't deserve any of this."

"You think about the needs of others before your own."