(3.3) Moonlight

"Well hello there, long time no see." Marcel greeted as he stepped aside for Eden and Klaus to walk into his loft. Eden rolled her eyes, ignoring the vampire as she waited until Marcel and Klaus passed her before she began to walk again. Klaus took a seat in the chair facing across from the couch, and Marcel plopped down across from him as Eden took a stand behind Klaus' chair.

"So what brings you two down to this end of town? I'm guessing not to bring an invitation to the wedding of course." He nodded toward Eden's ring and Eden crossed her arms together.

"Congratulations by the way, but I hope that you don't expect me to start calling you Mom." Eden sent him a scowl and Marcel chuckled.

"Easy there killer, it was just a joke." He put his hands up in mock surrender and Klaus let out a small chuckle.

"Well as you can see, my bride-to-be isn't in the best of moods so it's better that we just move this along, shall we?" Klaus gestured to the board game sitting on the crate in front of him and Marcel sent him a smile.

"The wolves have the number," Marcel started out, picking up his drink from the crate. "Back in 1925, the Guerrera pack was maybe 100. We went guerrilla warfare on their asses, and wiped out them out over a four-day fight. But, we're not just talking about Guerrera's now, they've had wolves coming in from all over." Eden stiffened at the mention of this. There was a large possibility that one of those travelers was a relative of hers from whatever pack she belonged to.

"Well we don't need to hit them all," Klaus spoke, knocking Eden from her thoughts. "Just the twelve of the rings that take me out every full moon." He took a sip of his drink.

"You wanna find twelve rings? Go out, chop of the hand of every wolf you find until you get what you want. I mean come on, you taught me that. You and Elijah are stalling. Why?" Klaus was silent for a moment, moving one of his pebbles across the board before answering.

"Because it's possible they're in the possession of something that can be very dangerous to us." Marcel paused, and then glanced up at his sire.

"They have the stake that can kill you." Marcel guessed. Eden tensed at the mention of this. She hated that Klaus had brung the weapon out at all, never mind the fact that he had lost it in doing so.

"It went missing the night I lost my child." Marcel's eyes cast upward at Eden with the mention of Haven, though Eden did not meet his gaze, staring pointedly at the floor beneath her. "So, it's in play and the thought of that makes me very nervous, especially on night's like tonight." Without taking her eyes off the floor, Eden knew that Klaus meant the full moon.

"Why would you tell me that?" Marcel asked, Eden stepped forward.

"Because, he wants to know if you're the one that has it and is keeping it hidden from us." Eden said, her voice dripping with distaste. Marcel sent the pair an incredulous look.

"Course not. That kind of weapon does me no good. You die, I die. Along with every vampire we ever sired to either one of us." Eden let out a small snort, just because Marcel couldn't attack Klaus, that did not mean that he couldn't attack Elijah. If Elijah died, then so did Jana and as angry as she was at her cousin, she still did not want her to die.

"Well then, maybe you would like to help me get it back. We attack tonight, when the moon hits its apex. They won't expect it while I'm weak." The three were quiet for a moment, and Eden nodded.

"Then its settled, tonight we're hunting wolves."

* * *

"We have the Guerrera's where we want them. We have them waiting and worried and now we know they're an army with no defenses against an Original." Klaus announced later that night as he, Eden, Elijah, and Jana all sat in the dining room. Eden sat in a chair quietly, watching the people around her while Jana stood up, leaning against the chair in the back of the room.