(3.30) Boom

(WARNING: The moment I finished writing this chapter I uploaded it because I knew I was late on my updates so it'll probably be full of spelling errors. I'll come back and edit it soon)

The trip to Arkansas from New Orleans took approximately six hours on a normal day for humans. With Eden's compulsion and her new fully developed hand-eye coordination, she had managed to make that three hours. She had been stopped by police at least three times, but every time they came upon her she had quickly sent them away with a smile. 

She had just crossed the Arkansas border when she heard her phone ring again. Anxiously, she glanced down and saw that the phone call was coming from Klaus. Hastily, she grabbed the phone from the seat before answering the phone.

"Hello?" She murmured, glancing in the rear view mirror as an angry elderly sent her a brutish hand gesture.

"Finn knows about Haven." Klaus said immediately. "He's sent Marcel for your blood but he doesn't know that you've left the city." Eden's stomach sank. If Finn forced Marcel to find her by any means, that meant that she would have to get to her child fast.

"How did Marcel tell you?" Eden asked, pushing down on the gas as she swerved off the highway.

"Marcel didn't. He went down to the bayou because he figured that Jana would be there and seeing as she would be the closest relative you have in the city..." He trailed off and Eden knew that she only had a short amount of time before Marcel realized that not only was she not in New Orleans, but neither was her cousin.

"Nik what are we going to do? If I don't make it to Haven on time, or if Marcel has already started following me?" Eden's heart began to race; the sound of the organ ringing in her ears deafeningly.

"Eden." Klaus' voice surged over the background of her now panicked heart. Her fiance's voice sounded as though it were a scrambled transmission to the constant thumping of her heart. Her breath picked up and for one alarming moment Eden felt as though she had too much and too little air all at once. Her hands seized up and her foot slammed against the gas and it felt like she had no control of her body.

"Eden!" Klaus' voice was louder now; it broke through the thumping and she winced at the noise, her eyes watering as her vision blurred.

"Eden listen to me," Klaus' voice was soft yet firm. "I understand that you are worried about our daughter's safety but you cannot very well make it there if you crash. Now breath slowly," Eden took a breath, nodding slowly. "and focus on getting to Haven." Klaus told her. Eden took a moment, running a hand through her hair and blowing out a breath. She'd never had a panic attack before; the affect of it alone took a toll on the young hybrid's body.

"Call Elijah." She instructed Klaus softly. "I'll try the same with Jana." Without saying another word to Klaus, she hung up the phone. Klaus was harsh but candid; right now was about getting Haven to safety. Eden could worry about her owns fears later.

Coming upon the road that led her to the farmhouse, Eden strained her ears. If she could hear that they were safe, it would ease her frazzled nerves.

Coming around the bend Eden heard a strange noise coming from her car. The engine inside stalled and then completely shut off. Slowly, the car came to a stop almost half a mile from the farmhouse.

"No." She groaned, turning the key in the ignition. It gave two grunts and then did nothing more. Eden growled, smacking the steering wheel before getting out of the car. She left the door open as she sprinted toward the house. Alarmingly, her nose picked up on gas and just as she registered it, the house exploded right in front of her. The force of the explosion blew a large gust of wind out toward the opposing directions.